Okuma Cedros 10 4.1:1 lever drag

Started by edgarz, April 19, 2011, 12:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgarz

Good day to all. Does anyone have experience using this reel for speed jigging? Would appreciate any useful information. Thanks in advance.

alantani

i've got to get out to east coast some day.  we don't jig out here on the west coast........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

edgarz

I'm sure you have a lot of fish to jig right there. It's very good exercise, the reason why I'm getting into it.  ;)

edgarz

After more than a year using this reel I'm happy to say that it's a good reel. Smooth drag, power packed winch and good corrosion resistance. It's good for trolling and any which style of fishing you use it for. I wish someone would post a tutorial. I just got a 20S and raring to try it trolling for monsters.

SantaBarbarian

I too have a Cedros 20S that I am anxious to use this season. I want to use it for yoyo fishing for yellowtail and with it's 62" retrieval I couldn't pass it up. I put a Makaira 50 handle on it to give me a little better torque advantage. I found though that when spooling spectra on it the drill on my Sato Line Winder started to overheat and smoke!! I had to run it at a very slow speed to ensure I got the braid on tight. It will be interesting to see just how my arm fairs when the reel is loaded up.

edgarz

Where did you get the mac50 handle SB?

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

ElFred

I've been using a Kolekar 6/0 handle on my Cedros 10s for jig and bombs and like it very well. It's about the same size as the Mk50 handle. Maybe a little heavier though. It prevents any knuckle from hitting the handle blade which is good.

SantaBarbarian

I did go to Okuma directly for the handle. I will let you all know how it works but my trip isn't until October...

Gary

sundaytrucka

This looks like a great reel...modern Penn 4/0.

I am leaning toward getting one, although the price point is quite high, puts it in the same price range as the Makaira; I realize they are basically the same reel, minus 2-speed, but the prices are so close at retail.

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.