International Purchasers of American Products-Cheap Shipping?

Started by Dominick, April 20, 2011, 05:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

To all the members of Fishing Reel Repair by Alan Tani: I read where several members complained about shipping charges.  I came across this company http://www.bongous.com/ .  I understand that they give people who live outside of the U.S. a U.S. address.  That way you all have access to the U. S. market for consumer goods (fishing equipment, etc.).  You order a product and ship it to a U.S. address.  Apparently Bongo repackages stuff in bulk and reships to save each individual money.  I know nothing else about this site, but you people who live outside our borders might be able to save money on shipping.  Check it out and make your own decision.  Dominick

Not affiliated with Bongo. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

i will check it out.i wanted to buy a 2 piece trevalla rod for $120 from melton tackle but the shipping was $78.

wallacewt

on the trevalla rod you would save approx $20/$30.the down side is a longer delivery time.single items are a bit dearer,multi and bulk items have better savings.i didnt ask about insurance.

slgriffiths

Thanks Dominick,
Getting stuff to New Zealand can be a real pain, pricewise, so even if I have to wait while they load a container, it may be a really good idea.  Thanks a lot for thinking of us "foreigners!"
Simon