ORCA/Reel Talk Member Check In

Started by Tightlines667, January 20, 2017, 07:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

This thread is in order to provide a dedicated spot for Current ORCA members or Reel Talk users to check in and provide their contact information, if so desired.

Here is a link to the ORCA, Reel Talk forum...

http://reeltalk.orcaonline.org/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=62dd2e8f65b3c9f5da35fc398d2ab1ea

& Current ORCA member profiles page...

http://reeltalk.orcaonline.org/viewforum.php?f=19&sid=62dd2e8f65b3c9f5da35fc398d2ab1ea

Please feel free to share your ORCA contact information here.

Admins
Can you please 'sticky' this thread?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

oc1

I'm oc1 over there as well.  I'm an ORCA member but still trying to sort through the nuances of how it all works.
-steve

Midway Tommy

Midway Tommy both places. Steve, if you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask. PM me, or any of us for that matter, any time.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Robert Janssen

Have been a local hangaround there for fifteen years or so, as Dr. Rob.

mo65

I applied to join their forum...never got a reply. Do I look like trouble or something??
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

RowdyW

Mo, maybe wait another couple of years when your beard is all white and apply as Santa Claus.  ;D  ;D Sometimes applications get lost in the shuffle, just try again.     Rudy

Tightlines667

Quote from: mo65 on January 21, 2017, 04:21:47 AM
   I applied to join their forum...never got a reply. Do I look like trouble or something??

Haha..lol  ;D
Hope springs eternal

oc1

I didn't hear a response the first time either Mo.  We keep bumping into their information when googling stuff so I tried again.  It finally clicked and I was able to send the payment.  It took a while to hear anything again.  Then a nice welcome letter arrived plus newsletters and a big fat book full of articles.  I haven't tried using the library yet but if it's as good as it sounds that may be the biggest benefit and resource.

Thank you very much for the offer Tommy.
-steve

The Great Maudu

I'm a member. It's a good organization with several very knowledgeable people.

Midway Tommy

A couple of things that confuse many people are that you can join the ORCA Reel Talk Forum and participate in questions, answers and discussion there without being an Old Reel Collectors Association member. If you are paid member to the Old Reel Collectors Association, though, you will receive the bimonthly Reel News Magazine (A great informational resource, BTW), have access to a plethora of materials in the ORCA Library, be able to attend and participate in the ORCA National Meeting (Non-members are permitted to attend the Convention/Show), etc. 

ORCA has a super friendly atmosphere and is great resource for those that treasure, or are interested in, "Old" and "Collectible" reels and their history.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Penn Chronology

ORCA is a very interesting place. The publication (Reel News) is a magazine that is issued 6 times a year. Most articles are written by the ORCA members or other people that get very deep about specific corners of the hobby. I have been a member there for about 10 years. It is  priceless resource. I cannot say enough good things about ORCA. They made many things happen for me.