Daiwa SL250h graphite

Started by C Low, April 20, 2011, 06:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C Low

First i just want to say awesome forum here Alan. Ive now combined my two passions(mechanics and fishing) into one by working on fishing reels in my spare time.

Anyways, i just wanted to say that i picked up an older daiwa sl250h graphite reel from a friend for free. i opened it up and found some junk particle drags. I looked up some numbers online and found that this reel uses the same drag stack as the 50h in your write up. i substituted the drags for 3 penn 114's and one 855 under the main gear. This reel has a bushing on the left side and a bearing on the right side, i put a drop or two of corrosionx on both, greased all internal metal parts and buttoned the reel back up and now it freespools great and has greased carbon drags which should pull 15#. Just wanted to put this out there if anyone has one of these reels laying around. Thanks, Chris

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Roger

Good job, know take her fishing and let us know how she does........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

thanks, chris, and welcome!  now, i've got to pull the inside door panel off the front driver's side door of my 98 tahoe.  the window only lowers 4 inches.  when i chirp the door lock, it thunks and tries to unlock the door but does not.  i don't suppose you live nearby? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!