Tiburon Clicker spring

Started by Andaman Andy, January 22, 2017, 07:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andaman Andy

Hi,

I have a Tiburon 12 that needs a new clicker spring, mailed them got no reply, it looks like a Penn spring, does anyone recognize this part, as they make frames etc. for Penn reels this would make sense, thanks for any help.

Bryan Young

I don't have the part, but what is Wrong with it?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Not sure Bryan, but it appears to have a split by the top hole.

Andy, you're not holding the measuring tape correctly in the pic, but I do believe this is the one you need:

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/62-309.aspx

Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Andaman Andy

Thanks for the reply guy's, yes it has split by the top hole after excessive wear and having to bend the ring to get clicker to work, will try the part you pointed out Sal, but the screw holes do seem a little further part than the ones on my part.

Andaman Andy

I saw a picture of the clicker ring for a Penn 109 reel and that seemed to have the same shape holes etc. but not sure about dimentions.

otownjoe

Have you tried calling tiburon directly.i have always been able to get someone on the phone whenever I tried.Joe

Bryan Young

Yes. Reach Ng tiburon by phone is much better than email.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i just called and spoke to bob at tiburon.  he is going to send one to me, and then i will send it to you.  send me a pm with your address and some point.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Andaman Andy

Thank you Alan, you are a gentleman.

alantani

ok, i just put it in the mail box with three stamps.  according to the usps website, it should go through as is.  let me know if a few weeks if it does not arrive.  good luck!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!