Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Wow Benni,
You are living large with that yacht of a boat.
I know you love to fish. I do too, but when I caught my first shark, everything else was bait to me.
If I didn't have to work like a dog. I would still have a boat.
I don't have time for the glory days of freshwater fishin'.
i catch them on Vacation now. :D
Life is Good!

SteveL

QuoteIf I didn't have to work like a dog. I would still have a boat.

If you still had a boat, you would need a bigger boat (to paraphrase 'Jaws')    ;D

oc1

Quote from: Benni3 on December 07, 2020, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: mo65 on December 04, 2020, 12:23:26 PM
Wow...giant perch there Benni...great job! 8)
The top bass I got was a new Alabama ,,,,,, :D do you have them there,,,,,,,,, ;D
Ok, that's too cryptic for me.  New Alabama what?
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on December 09, 2020, 04:03:33 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on December 07, 2020, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: mo65 on December 04, 2020, 12:23:26 PM
Wow...giant perch there Benni...great job! 8)
The top bass I got was a new Alabama ,,,,,, :D do you have them there,,,,,,,,, ;D
Ok, that's too cryptic for me.  New Alabama what?
-steve
Ok they stocked Alabama bass or spotted bass here about 5years ago,,,,, :D they thought is was a good idea,,,,,, :( but bass tournament guys got mad,,,,,,, >:( when they tried weigh them in it was like a joke,,,, :o there not largemouth,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Thank you.  Bass aren't my thing but I went and read about them.  Complicated.
-s

SteveL

In Georgia we have Kentucky spotted bass in Lake Lanier.   Smaller but more aggressive than largemouth, and they tend to school and move out into deeper water.   They tend to reproduce faster than largemouth.

On the west side of Georgia, Carters Lake has naturally occurring Alabama spotted bass which share all the traits of Kentucky spots but tend to get a few pounds larger.

Fox Sports Southeast did a show on Carters Lake a few years back.  Here is the link:

philaroman

let's keep it complicated ;D
do you get any hybrids?
how about, Roanoke?

Benni3

I got 1 trout today,,,,, ;) for this one I should of had my aftco fighting belt,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: philaroman on December 09, 2020, 01:59:39 PM
let's keep it complicated ;D
do you get any hybrids?
how about, Roanoke?
Yes we got hybrids and Roanoke bass,,rock bass,,red eye,,,, ;) but it's getting more difficult to tell species,,,,,, ::) now they stocked tiger bass,,,black bass,,,white bass,,white perch,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got one rainbow today,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 09, 2020, 01:24:56 AM
Wow Benni,
You are living large with that yacht of a boat.
I know you love to fish. I do too, but when I caught my first shark, everything else was bait to me.
If I didn't have to work like a dog. I would still have a boat.
I don't have time for the glory days of freshwater fishin'.
i catch them on Vacation now. :D

Thank you my friend,,,,,, :D I just got to get out everyday and if I don't catch anything that's ok,,,,, ;) I seen some deer running,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got one rainbow today,,,, ;) I fish on or near the walkway it's not bad,,,,but I hear someone say hey Bennie you catching anything and I'm like I hope not and then I spend more time talking than fishing,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

They stocked trout today and I got 1 and marlo got 2 nice ones,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

Those ARE nice ones !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Brewcrafter