Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Nice Brookies Marlo! They are some kinda Char species, so I figured Brook trout. Them's the ones that they might give-up on as too old for brood stock and plant 'em.
Marlo do you ever frown?🙁 Ha!🤗
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

JoseCuervo

Dang! That is the average stock sized trout? Ours are fingerling sized (the bass appreciate the morsels)  those are meal ready!

Jim Fujitani

Quote from: Gfish on December 19, 2020, 01:29:35 AM
Nice Brookies Marlo! They are some kinda Char species, so I figured Brook trout. Them's the ones that they might give-up on as too old for brood stock and plant 'em.
Marlo do you ever frown?🙁 Ha!🤗

I agree!  Those are some nice Brookies.  Marlo should be smiling!

There is some distinctive worn fin tips on all fins, indicative of living in a hatchery raceway (fin wear can also occur on the tail and anal fins during natural spawning).  And the first fish is missing a pectoral fin (sometimes removed as an indicator of a specific plant or hatchery).  Brookies don't normally get that big in the wild out west, those are well-fed.  In natural conditions, Brookies are known to over-populate and result in stunted growth, so much so that some waters have a separate Brook trout limit to encourage fishers to catch and keep the smaller Brookies.

Brewcrafter

Benni was killing it on the Zoom call this morning!  Nice trout!

Benni3

Thanks my friends,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 4 and marlo 3 today,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 and marlo 4  my dad and Larry fished with us some today,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 3 and clay got skunked,,, :) but there always next time,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 today,,,, ;) but it was a little slow,,,, :o but maybe tomorrow will be better,,,, :-\ temperatures,,,biometric pressures,,,cloud coverage,,,cfm's,,,wind speed,,,moon speed,,,know body really knows,,,,,, ;D

Crow

I'm blaming "the great conjunction" !!!    Real clear sky, here on the island...watching it was pretty neat !  Good thing you are getting fish, Benni....I'm getting skunked, pretty regular!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

Just a guess, but I'd put most of the bite on/off thing on a rising/falling barometer. Here-say for me, rather than experience.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

Quote from: Crow on December 23, 2020, 01:29:44 AM
"the great conjunction" !!!    Real clear sky, here on the island...watching it was pretty neat ! 
I saw three kings looking for that thing.  It couldn't have come at a better time.
-steve

Benni3

I got 1 and marlo got today,,,,,, ;) it's going to rain tomorrow might move the fish around a little bit,,,,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

Benni and Marlo getting it done!

Sharkb8

Merry Christmas Bennie and Marlo

Kim