114HL / 114HLW - Side To Side Spool 'Play'

Started by coastal_dan, January 27, 2017, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: mo65 on January 28, 2017, 04:21:09 PM
  I'm thinking I must have missed something here...because it seems like the easiest fix for this would be one of Sal's "delrin dots".  ???

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=19774.0
Yes Mo, on the Jigmasters and similar, you won't find a better solution than the dot. As you've probably noticed freespool will also increase with those.
On this particular reel, the dot isn't going to cut it. The bearing cup is too deep and it's concaved shape at the bottom.
You will however be able to use a delrin washer, these washers have many uses.
So, if you punch your own washers don't get rid of the cutouts.
In my opinion, a delrin washer is a much better choice here.

By the way, if any of you are looking for a leather punch, I found this heavy duty one at a very reasonable price.
I've been using it and does a good job, all you would need is a stiff wire to push the dots out.
These are patented and made in Taiwan.
http://www.harborfreight.com/leather-punch-tool-97715.html

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 28, 2017, 04:56:10 PM
On this particular reel, the dot isn't going to cut it. The bearing cup is too deep and it's concaved shape at the bottom.

Thanks Sal...I knew I missed a detail! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Gfish

Don't understand why ona no-level wind conventional, the spool's gotta be centered?
Got "part 89B" the manual from my 114HL( also don't get why people don't save the paperwork for the new stuff they buy. Been bad at savin the boxes, 'till I went on FleaBay n' saw how the original box 'ed up the selling price), and it say ya need "0.003 - 0.005ins." side to side play on the spool to prevent bearing damage. Also,somethin like Rudy said, about not usin the bearing adjustment asa cast-control device.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!