Sears Craftsman Tools

Started by foakes, January 27, 2017, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I have a cool all stainless Craftsman jig saw from over 50 years ago that works well. I got it from my wife's grandfather.

You can get a Stiletto titanium hammer for $250! One of the Home Corp volunteers on a Habitat for Humanity project I worked on had one the Habitat gave them for their service.  I probably have at least a dozen hammers that wouldn't cost $250 all put together. Some of those came from the wife's grandfather too.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

tholmes

Quote from: Swami805 on January 28, 2017, 01:56:35 AM
Wasn't there fishing gear called J.C. Higgins or something like that? I had one of their pellet guns one I was a kid. I think they were made by someone else and sears put their name on them.
I have a bunch of Craftsman hand tools and I think I've only broken a ratchet. Good tools, hope they stick around.

Sears fishing gear wore a few brand names, J.C. Higgins, Ted Williams, Gamefisher and the Sears brand.

Tom

theswimmer

Winchester 290  .22
Marked J.C.Higgens
Bought new for $159 at the Chico Sears.....
Still got it .
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

conchydong

I had a "Revelation" .22 bolt action rifle that I gave to my nephew many years ago. I think that one was made for Western Auto. Another memory from years past.

Reel 224

Funny thing happened to me in the shop today. I busted a counter bore with a pilot bit and it's a Craftsman, so I'll test their return policy but if I have to I will pay for it because it was my stupid mistake.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

oc1

We pulled the bed off my truck last week to repair a rusted cross member.  With my son standing on the head of a breaker bar with T50 Torx bit and me pulling on the end of a 5' pipe extension we got four of the eight bolts out and then sheared off the bit on #5.  Went to Sears and bought two new bits (the only two in Kaneohe town).  Broke another bit on #5 and the last one on #6.  Had to grind the heads off of #6, 7, and 8.  It sure seemed like the fifteen-year-old bit had better steel then the new ones.  I lost confidence when they started selling Craftsman in K-Mart, and now Ace hardware too.
-steve

Midway Tommy

"I lost confidence when they started selling Craftsman in K-Mart, and now Ace hardware too."

I lost confidence when most of their hand tools switched to "Made in Japan". Their warranty was & is still good but I live 15 miles from a Sears store and my time & gas is worth more taking things back than it cost to buy a new replacement.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Benni3

The old craftsman tools are the best,,, snap-on just cost to much and thay run away  :o

oc1

I don't take small stuff back to Sears either.  Actually, I try not to go there in the first place.  My late father-in-law couldn't resist the return policy and it became sort of a hobby with him.  He would search the swap meets for used craftsman hand tools and hope they were broken.
-steve

Reel 224

Quote from: oc1 on February 01, 2017, 07:30:56 AM
I don't take small stuff back to Sears either.  Actually, I try not to go there in the first place.  My late father-in-law couldn't resist the return policy and it became sort of a hobby with him.  He would search the swap meets for used craftsman hand tools and hope they were broken.
-steve

Steve: That was what I was pointing out in the first post I made. Sears life time policy can and has been costly. I'm going to Sears tool store today and spend some money. ::) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Rancanfish

Sears no longer owns Orchard Supply Hardware.  It is part of the LOWES group of stores.

Our local OSH just moved to the next city on the other side of the freeway.  Not one good hardware store in our town now. 

If I find a reason to go to OSH now, I will go North a few freeway exits to save a half percent on sales tax, since neither are conveniently located anyway.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.