C clip under handle nut.

Started by publius, January 28, 2017, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

publius

The little c clip that goes on top of the shaft that holds the handle doesn't seem absolutely necessary as long as your handle nut doesn't fall off?

handi2

If the clip holds the gear sleeve in place yes it needs to be there. Like on the Ambassaduer reels.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

publius

Makes sense. Don't know why I didn't realize that.

ez2cdave

Quote from: publius on January 28, 2017, 08:05:18 PM
The little c clip that goes on top of the shaft that holds the handle doesn't seem absolutely necessary as long as your handle nut doesn't fall off?

If that C-Clip is not in place, the handle has a "sloppy fit" and it will clunk back & forth . . . Use the C-Clip !

tholmes

Quote from: ez2cdave on January 30, 2017, 03:05:44 AM

If that C-Clip is not in place, the handle has a "sloppy fit" and it will clunk back & forth . . . Use the C-Clip !

Yep! Part #4490. I always keep a few spares on hand. That is the most common missing part on Ambassadeurs that folks bring me to fix for them.

Tom

ez2cdave

Quote from: tholmes on January 30, 2017, 06:03:31 PM

Yep! Part #4490. I always keep a few spares on hand. That is the most common missing part on Ambassadeurs that folks bring me to fix for them.

Tom

Tom,

What is the actual size of that C-Clip, in case one should be lost on a fishing trip, where access to genuine Abu parts might not be available ?

Is there a "generic size" that will fit ?

Thanks,

Tight Lines !

handi2

Quote from: ez2cdave on January 31, 2017, 03:42:44 PM
Quote from: tholmes on January 30, 2017, 06:03:31 PM

Tom

Tom,

What is the actual size of that C-Clip, in case one should be lost on a fishing trip, where access to genuine Abu parts might not be available ?

Thanks,

Tight Lines !

Yes you can get the SS clips from any hardware store.
Gulf Breeze, FL

tholmes

Tom,

Thanks,

Tight Lines !
[/quote]

I don't know the size, I always just buy the Abu parts. You could take one with you to the store and match the size. I would assume that it's metric.

Tom

handi2

I bought a SS clip set on Amazon that contains hundreds of them in all sizes. They are not magnetic at all.

It was cheap too.
Gulf Breeze, FL