Lechon Asado w/cueritos

Started by STRIPER LOU, January 29, 2017, 10:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Gracie and I love to cook but when it comes to Lechon Asado, Pernil or just plain ole pork shoulder she's got it down pat.

A mixture of Puerto Rican spices and chunks of garlic stuffed in and all over and 3 days of marinating make this one hard to beat. Flash cooked at 425 for 20 minutes to seal in the juices and an additional 5/6 hrs at 300 make this fall off the bone amazing!

Arroz Amarillo con chorizo (yellow rice w/chorizo), Habesculas con pimiento y ceboya (beans w diced peppers and onions), and of course platinos maduro's (fried sweet plantains) top it off.

The Cueritos is the pork skin done super crispy. As good as it is I try to stay away from it but on occasion I'll indulge. Almost forgot, and all the hot sauce you can ladle on after cooking!

Im finishing up a brew and feelin low and slow! ;D

At the moment, life is good ;)

All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

PS never to be cut with a knife and only to be pulled off in large chunks or it would otherwise be considered a sacrilege.

ChileRelleno

Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"?...  "Hell Yeah!"
Oh man, just the thought of sticky sweet fried plantains is making me drool.
Very nice meal indeed.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Bryan Young

Wow!!!  Gracie sure know how to make people hungry and envious to be you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

swill88

I just ate and now I'm hungry looking at this.

WOW!

thorhammer

I'm eating airport garbage.   That looks amazing and next butt I smoke over cherry is getting some. I love plantains. 

STRIPER LOU

Thanks all. There are literally hundreds of ways to do pork and I love them all. Sometimes we enjoy the simplest way, just to take advantage of its natural flavors. Not as fancy as some I've seen on here but very tasty none the less.

Besides, can you really do anything to mess pork up?

Cuban sandwiches for leftovers are great or just chop it up on the fine side,  fry on high heat to make it a bit on the crispy side with a drop of EVOO and some Sazon and at the last minute add some crushed pineapple and make taco's. Oh ya baby!

Its all good!

Everyone have a great day,  ..  Lou

Big Tim

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

this is another reason I love at.com

most of the the food I see on the Recipes subforum are Latin (mexico, sudamerica) / italian or Japanese, los 3 favorites types of food.

this Puerco looks soo tender & deliciuos, perfect for "Tacos de Carnitas" anyone? (just made some guacamole, mexican salsa, celery, lemons and you're set.

The Baja Guy

Decker

Que rico!  How about some hot sauce?