shimano fj bale spring

Started by Supermuff, January 24, 2017, 06:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermuff

i am unable to get bail to flip when I reel.
Ok guys I have attached pic
I have installed it many ways and must be missing something.
any help is appreciated.

johndtuttle

Its a blind fit of the bent rod on the top of the spring into a hole on the back side of the bail arm.

Watch out for the little clicker knob and spring back there too though this model may not have that.

The solid rotor brake arm goes into the "half moon" slot. The Bail Spring arm goes into a hole.

Gfish

Love your name Supermuff. Here's some pics. a my FJ 8000.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

The horizontial rod in your picture stops the rotor from turnin when you cast, by engaging that rubber ring down behind the rotor, with the bail open. Also I think it trips the bail back, when you reel in, there's a trip-cam right above the anti-reverse and inside behind the rotor( plastic/nylon lookin thing). The other rod in the spring must have the bent end inserted into the backside a the white bail(noun?) articulator. Man!, I hope this makes sense. Let us know... Took a-long time to get it back n' workin the first time I serviced it. Very nice reel though. Watch the line-roller if fishin in saltwater, it'll freeze up on ya.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Supermuff

thanks I think it will work
I see what I was doing wrong