Another Seller Gone

Started by Maxed Out, February 03, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

This really sucks.

Looks like our favorite eBay(fishingreel79) seller that makes the stainless frame posts is no longer in business. I recently noticed he doesn't have a single item for sale.

It was about 2 months ago I sent him a PM about buying a multi pack of stainless posts. He said that he could no longer make them and would sell me what he had left in that size. I didn't want to ask any personal questions as to why, but he said "couldn't make them anymore", so perhaps he lost his machine shop connection, or just decided to retire.

Hopefully someone will step up and fill the void. I really like those stainless posts. sad to see that option go away.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 03, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

This really sucks.

Looks like our favorite eBay(fishingreel79) seller that makes the stainless frame posts is no longer in business. I recently noticed he doesn't have a single item for sale.

It was about 2 months ago I sent him a PM about buying a multi pack of stainless posts. He said that he could no longer make them and would sell me what he had left in that size. I didn't want to ask any personal questions as to why, but he said "couldn't make them anymore", so perhaps he lost his machine shop connection, or just decided to retire.

Hopefully someone will step up and fill the void. I really like those stainless posts. sad to see that option go away.

-Ted
too much competition with Black Pearl's SS bars and your Aluminum bars.   ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reel man

I've got a bunch of stainless steel posts from Newells if you're interested.  They're drilled and tapped 5-40.

Send me a msg, and I'll tell you what I have.  I know the Penn are chrome plated brass, but almost all I have are stainless.

mhc

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 03, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

This really sucks.

-Ted

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

FatTuna

That does suck..... I bought a few of his stainless bar sets and they were really high quality.

Cortez_Conversions

That does suck.
I tried contacting him for a wholesale order, never heard back....
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

STRIPER LOU

He was always great to deal with. Everything was straight and to the point when working with him. I make them here on occasion but he could actually make them cheaper than I!

Its not there they're terribly difficult but tapping 5/40 in SS is definitely a PITA.

...............Lou

bluefish69

I just gave Bulldawg  his info today. Really sorry to see him go.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Tony is a great guy, always took care of me...too bad.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bruce

Bought his stainless bars myself   Great quality and price

Buzz
Buzz

Shark Hunter

Oh Man!
This is some bad new indeed.
I could replace 12/0 posts with his stainless ones for less than the original chromed brass.
I have some 16/0 and 14/0 sets of his in inventory. They are like gold now.
I can hear Taps playing. So sad.
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

TONY IS BACK !! (fishingreel79 on eBay)

He is selling stainless posts again !! Yipee !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bill B

Thanks for checking up...good to hear he is not gone....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

FatTuna

Sweet ;D. Do we know if he is unloading the rest of his stock or is he back in business?

mo65

I checked his current listings and couldn't find any 6/0 posts. Does anyone know if he normally offers posts to fit the 6/0?
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~