A Quick Trip

Started by handi2, February 03, 2017, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

We made a quick trip today in search of Amberjack and Black Snapper (Mangrove).

The Amberjack were too small and nothing but endangered American Red Snapper. I had a small Amberjack on a Daiwa Lexa 400 for a few minutes until an 8' Dolphin took of with him. No way to stop that fish so we broke the line. The Dolphins used to wait until we threw the fish back in the water. Not anymore.

Here is a picture of Pompano Joe with one of the Red Snapper.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

Very nice, glad to see you got out Keith.

Nice fish Joe! by the way I got the reel, thanks!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

sounds nice a nice trip Keith, seems like the dolphins are hungry, normally we have that problem with the sea lions but never heard a dolphin taking a fish from the line before (at least locally)

The Baja Guy

Bill B

Darn it....now Flipper is in on it.......who's next Mr.Crab?!?!   
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

conchydong

Dolphins are a problem in Florida, more on the west coast than the east coast but I have had problems with them on the east coast as well. They have learned to follow boats or hang around fishing piers and basically wait till you are hooked up and then strip you of your catch while for the most part avoiding the hooks. I admire their intelligence and their place in the ecosystem but.........they sure can ruin a nice day of fishing.