Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice - California GOLD!!!

Started by El Pescador, February 05, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

It's Valencia Orange squeez'n time here in San Mateo!

My downhill neighbor has allowed me access to his Valencia Orange tree since we moved here in 1999.
The aforementioned orange tree can be seen through our kitchen window.

Trying to keep the mess to a minimum, I put the mixer with the orange juicing attachment in the sink - that works pretty well.

As far as neighbors go, he was one of the best!   FBI agent for 30 years, worked out of the SF Office.  He carried a .32 cal. S&W for his working years, and fired off 10 shots during that time period.  He worked on the Patty Hearst SLA case and provided security to the Hearst family residence for 3 weeks.  He always enjoyed speaking with our sons, was kind to our dogs and as an invited guest in our home, he would talk with everyone in attendance.  He would work a crowd better than most.  Just a great neighbor for sure.

So for those of you reading this post, "To your Health!!"     Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

That money shot found me diggin' through the cupboard for some orange koolaid or something...juice looks great! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

ChileRelleno

That looks really good, nothing like fresh squeezed OJ.
Sounds like a great neighbor, too bad it seems those are so few-n-far between now-a-days.

Great pics... Orange pRon FTW!

I've a jug of Grovestand - Extra Pulp in the fridge... This is my cue to go get a big glass.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

Quote from: mo65 on February 05, 2017, 04:31:27 PM
   That money shot found me diggin' through the cupboard for some orange koolaid or something...juice looks great! 8)

What happened to green Kool-Aid and a Bologna Sandwich. ;D 8)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

My ex-friend Wayne came over for a torx screwdriver earlier.  But did he bring me some fresh OJ?  Noooo...  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on February 05, 2017, 11:08:10 PM
My ex-friend Wayne came over for a torx screwdriver earlier.  But did he bring me some fresh OJ?  Noooo...  ::) Dominick

Dominick!

MORE THAN HAPPY to make a trade for a tall glass of fresh squeezed OJ for a custom handmade cappuccino of your making!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

MarkT

I had a couple glasses of OJ I squeezed from oranges off the tree in my back yard this morning!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!