What am I missing?

Started by The Great Maudu, February 05, 2017, 07:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

Check out this Penn 9/0 that sold recently on eBay for $425.  Copy and paste the item number in Search and have a look. I'm just curious.

foakes

Quote from: The Great Maudu on February 05, 2017, 07:03:16 PM
Check out this Penn 9/0 that sold recently on eBay for $425.  Copy and paste the item number in Search and have a look. I'm just curious.

Maybe just bidding fever or prideful competition --

When the bidding from more experienced bidders got a little past $100 -- veterans dropped out -- then the same two or three much less experienced guys got into a firefight.

Or maybe I am missing something also?

This is a perfect example of why -- when trying to value tackle for myself or appraisal of an estate purchase -- it is always good to take the last 10 SOLD listings in similar condition -- toss out the highest and lowest -- then average the remaining 8.  Generally close enough for today -- within 10%.

I do know that the winner was the seller.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

I may be incorrect but I think what's missing is gray matter! ;D  For the person spending $425.00.
..............Lou

FatTuna

I'm convinced that some people use Ebay to launder money. If you look through past sales, there are some really strange transactions and pricing.

JRD

Quote from: The Great Maudu on February 05, 2017, 07:03:16 PM
Check out this Penn 9/0 that sold recently on eBay for $425.  Copy and paste the item number in Search and have a look. I'm just curious.

You forgot to factor in the $175 worth of vintage mono!