Trigger fish Vera Cruz

Started by conchydong, February 08, 2017, 01:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

I am not good at posting recipes or multiple pictures but I can give you the basics.

The ingredients: diced onion, minced garlic. minced jalapeno, olives, capers, chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, Mexican oregano, triggerfish fillets, lime, cilantro, and 1/2 can of prepared sofrito.

Squeeze some lime on the fish and set aside. Sautee onions till translucent, add garlic and jalapeno and cook another minute or two. Add chopped tomatoes and bay leaf, capers, olives, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for about ten minutes until tomatoes release their juices and break down a bit.
I then added the canned sofrito and cooked another 10 minutes. Add the fish fillets to the pan and cover with sauce and cook until the fish is done flipping the fish halfway through. Serve with rice, lime and some more cilantro.
ps. You can probably find canned sofrito in the Latin section of your market.

figures that everything is out of focus  or sideways but I tried.

steelfish

looks really yummi
if you let me, I will recommend next time dont use the can of sofrito, the less canned food the better taste on the fresh fish, use the fresh vegetables you posted, let the veggies fry a bit, add water, salt and pepper (Check youtube for a salsa recipe)

triggers are good on every style
The Baja Guy

coastal_dan

Yum!

BTW, nice Golden in the picture...fish of dreams.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

ChileRelleno

Outstanding!  I'd hit a plate of that.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."