Sierra Mack meatballs, octopus and YT collars

Started by steelfish, February 08, 2017, 05:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

tittle says all.

just a soup of Sierras (spanish macks) meatballs, some octopus (boiled separately) and cooked with the meatballs some YT collars, well at least that's what my wife say it was for dinner, but when I opened the pan I found a full head of YT, so, it was eye's tacos time

anybody for a comfy soup?

this is a big YT head, big chunks of meat eveywhere specially forehead and cheeks

but dont forget the eyes balls, anybody for a taco of eye meat/cheek meat? or eat the eye as snack, two drops of hot salsa and 3 drops of juice lemon..uuuuhh humm ay ay ay caramba (eye eye eye caramba  ;D ;D), if you havent tried the meat of the eyes of YT you are missing a nice flavor, not fishy at all, just remember to take out the hard shell that cover the pupil as well as the pupil, the rest is yummy

The Baja Guy

Dominick

I'll pass on the eyeballs.  Buon appetit!  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Decker

Gotta show that to mi esposa. She relishes the exotic parts but stays away from the picante :)

steelfish

Quote from: Decker on February 08, 2017, 06:01:17 PM
Gotta show that to mi esposa. She relishes the exotic parts but stays away from the picante :)

Picante salsa is not really necessary for the soup or fish, meat from the head might sounds as an exotic meal but its good, we normally (México) prepare dishes with goat head, cow heads and pig heads, so, fish head plate is not a big deal  ;D

Quote from: Dominick on February 08, 2017, 05:47:47 PM
I'll pass on the eyeballs.  Buon appetit!  Dominick
Haha, its really not the eye balls Dom, look at it as the meat behind eyes, cartilage and nerves ( dont know If it sounds better or worst)
The Baja Guy

ChileRelleno

I'll eat it all, every delicious morsel off that head.
That is a gorgeous sopa, albondigas Sierra sounds great, as does the pulpo and Jurel.

Fantastic meal.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."