Main Menu

Healthy Meal

Started by Reel 224, February 09, 2017, 12:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Ruth and I started on a healthy meal diet on the first of the month, and I was not so enthused at first because it's basically a vegetable and fruit diet, with fish,chicken and Sirloin beef. The meal we put together tonight was out of this world. No meat all vegetable.

Here are the ingredients: *All are Organic; Chickpeas, Rainbow color beets, Kale,Seeds of Change Quinoa&Brown Rice,Pine Nuts, Celtic Salt, Avocado oil, Season with Basil,Black Pepper, and Parmesan cheese.

Joe & Ruth

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Looks tasty from here... We call that a salad.

Ummm... Ya had me till ya got to the Kale, hold the Kale please.
Lets just say Kale does horrible things to my guts.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Reel 224

Chlie: You crack me up ;D personally I love Kale, it's especially good with eggs and sausage.

Mo: It's great, at least Ruth and I think so.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

exp2000

Quote from: Reel 224 on February 09, 2017, 12:21:24 AM
Ruth and I started on a healthy meal diet on the first of the month, and I was not so enthused at first because it's basically a vegetable and fruit diet, with fish,chicken and Sirloin beef. The meal we put together tonight was out of this world. No meat all vegetable.

Here are the ingredients: *All are Organic; Chickpeas, Rainbow color beets, Kale,Seeds of Change Quinoa&Brown Rice,Pine Nuts, Celtic Salt, Avocado oil, Season with Basil,Black Pepper, and Parmesan cheese.

Joe & Ruth

Good onya Joe.

I have been on a whole foods plant based diet since facing a crossroads situation at a very early age.

Before I started, I could not even walk out in the rain for fear of risking hospitalization. About six months later, I could go midnight swimming in ice ponds with total impunity. I have more than doubled my lifespan and immensely improved my quality of life.

I have been studying health for over four decades now. There is a ton of crap information out there but now I find myself in a good place. Paradoxically the best information comes from the medical journals - it just never reaches the general public because there is no money in it.

However some very high profile MDs and scientists have created quite a revolution in this information age that President Clinton used to reverse his own heart disease and the latest news is we have the first medically documented reversal of prostate cancer on a plant based diet by a world renown research doctor.

For anybody wishing to explore this, I would suggest the following as a good source of accurate information:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/
~

Reel 224

exp2000: I could make this post long winded with my health history, but I would rather state that I too in the past followed DR. Dean Ornish's diet some years ago and lost over a 100#. Threw being injured and having to have knee surgery I could not walk without being in pain so I gained the weight back over the years and have to have open surgery about a year and a half ago. Ruth and I decided that we have to do something about our diet.....namely less fatty foods and more vegetables. Good thing was Ruth's Doctor's associate wrote a book on  acid healing diet that also deals with a vegetarian diet. So that is were it led us.

Your post is excellent and basically supports what we have started. It's good to know that doctors do take nutrition serious and promote good healthy eating habits and not push Meds.

Thank you for posting this information for everyone to view.

Joe     

exp2000

Quote from: Reel 224 on February 10, 2017, 04:44:58 AM
exp2000: I could make this post long winded with my health history, but I would rather state that I too in the past followed DR. Dean Ornish's diet some years ago and lost over a 100#. Threw being injured and having to have knee surgery I could not walk without being in pain so I gained the weight back over the years and have to have open surgery about a year and a half ago. Ruth and I decided that we have to do something about our diet.....namely less fatty foods and more vegetables. Good thing was Ruth's Doctor's associate wrote a book on  acid healing diet that also deals with a vegetarian diet. So that is were it led us.

Your post is excellent and basically supports what we have started. It's good to know that doctors do take nutrition serious and promote good healthy eating habits and not push Meds.

Thank you for posting this information for everyone to view.

Joe      

You are welcome.

Yes, I consider treating associated risk factors with drugs while completely ignoring the underlying cause of  lifestyle diseases to be a form of insanity. Its like treating the lung cancer while ignoring the underlying smoking problem.

You might want to check out the location of any CHIP Projects held in your area. CHIP is one of only a few structured courses available to the lay person based on sound epidemiological science.

https://www.chiphealth.com/

Not only do you get a first class education but being a local community based course you build a strong social support network.

You can attend an introductory session before deciding. It really is a golden opportunity.

https://www.chiphealth.com/Location-Search/

Good health Joe.

Regards,
Brett.

Reel 224

Brett: Thank you again. I found a location 7.5 miles from our home. That is great!

Joe

Reel 224

Another healthy meal that Ruth and I made this-afternoon, we make these meals every day but I'm not posting everyone. This meal was a Papaya salad, for my money it was very tasty and It was the first time we have eaten Papaya.

Joe&Ruth

Ingredients: Organic
             EVOO,Carrot,Agave Nectar, Ginger,Celtic salt, Swiss Chard, Walnuts, Cucumber, Raisins, Crumbled Feta Cheese, Papaya

Recipe: Dressing, In a food processor pulse 1.5 Tbl. EVOO 1/2-Carrot, 1 Tb. Agave Nectar, 1/4" fresh Ginger peeled, 1/4 ts Celtic salt, 1/4 Cup water Pulse until smooth.

For the rest of the ingredients in large bowl Combine the remaining carrot with the large leaf of swiss chard W/the stem removed, 3-ts finally chopped Walnuts, 1/3 Cucumber chopped, Hand full of raisins chopped. We added Pumpkin seed and toasted coconut, And Papaya in 1/4" cubes. Drizzle with the dressing. Mix well and top with 3-Tbs Of Feta Cheese. Make sure you shred the carrot.

steelfish

Quote from: Reel 224 on February 11, 2017, 08:55:00 PM
Another healthy meal that Ruth and I made this-afternoon, we make these meals every day but I'm not posting everyone. This meal was a Papaya salad, for my money it was very tasty and It was the first time we have eaten Papaya.

Joe&Ruth

Ingredients: Organic
             EVOO,Carrot,Agave Nectar, Ginger,Celtic salt, Swiss Chard, Walnuts, Cucumber, Raisins, Crumbled Feta Cheese, Papaya

Recipe: Dressing, In a food processor pulse 1.5 Tbl. EVOO 1/2-Carrot, 1 Tb. Agave Nectar, 1/4" fresh Ginger peeled, 1/4 ts Celtic salt, 1/4 Cup water Pulse until smooth.

For the rest of the ingredients in large bowl Combine the remaining carrot with the large leaf of swiss chard W/the stem removed, 3-ts finally chopped Walnuts, 1/3 Cucumber chopped, Hand full of raisins chopped. We added Pumpkin seed and toasted coconut, And Papaya in 1/4" cubes. Drizzle with the dressing. Mix well and top with 3-Tbs Of Feta Cheese. Make sure you shred the carrot.

now this looks very tasty and super healthy, specially for activate the digestive system, raisins, toasted coconut and pumpkin seed make it a must to try
The Baja Guy

Reel 224

Two more plats we made this-afternoon. Again made with all organic vegetables and sea food ( Scallop & Shrimp ) stir-fry.

Joe