1961 Sea King

Started by The Great Maudu, February 16, 2017, 04:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

This reel left the factory in 1961 with intentions of being used on Stripers, Jacks or whatever picked up the bait. But, instead something always came up and things were put off til next year. It might have only been taken out of the box a half dozen times to show a friend the latest and the greatest of the day. A few years ago it found its way into my possession and it remains just like it has for the last half century. I haven't seen many of these and never one in better condition.

Maxed Out

Very nice "Sea King" bling !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

wailua boy

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bulldawg

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Cor

Cornelis

Reel 224

Two things first gorges reel :o second you have got me thinking to never put off till tomorrow what you should go fishing with all your tackle, before it's to late. ;) ;D

Thanks for sharing this

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

mo65

Cool reel Maudu! I have a bunch of Pfluegers...but no Sea King. I do have his little brother though...this Sea Lion. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

You got some nice ones Mike, I can just imagine what that man cave looks like. :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Hey Maudu, I was just wondering if you looked at the spare "fiber washers" in that little packet. I have the same packet included with my model 1988 Capitol, and they are interesting looking washers. The packet says they can be used in a pinch if a leather washer craps out...or as an alternative to leather. They are the same size as a Penn #6-155. I've considered trying them...but was afraid they'd work great and I'd want more! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bill B

Cool beans Mike.....I used to have a Sea King 14' aluminum boat with a 9 horse Sea King motor....bought from Montgomery Wards....cool name.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

David Hall

basto

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n