Multi cooler fishing line

Started by Reel 224, February 22, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

What brand do you guys recommend for multi cooler fishing line?

Joe  
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW

I buy the multi-colored braid from China on ebay. It changes color about every 45 ft. With the braid I can use heavier line with smaller diameter & get less drift or movement from the current when dropping straight down or in the surf. I haven't seen any mono on the market that is multi-colored.       Rudy

sharkman

Mono - Triple Fish
Braid - Power Pro

FatTuna

Jerry Brown is hands down the best metered braid.

Reel 224

Quote from: FatTuna on February 22, 2017, 07:16:54 PM
Jerry Brown is hands down the best metered braid.

Can't find Jerry Brown metered braid.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

FatTuna

PM Keta and see if he can get it for you. I ordered metered from him. It's really beautiful line.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

STRIPER LOU

I agree and also like JB. Definitely more pricy than some others but worth it. For inshore I use Power Pro as the local guys buy it from my shop and I sometimes have it in bulk. I do change it out or at the very least rotate it at the end of every season. I believe the metered PP is called Depth Hunter or something like that.
Abrasion resistance is just OK. The guys spool up their spinners with 40, small jigging reels with 50, and a lot of them use 65.

I haven't tried the Chinese stuff but I imagine some might be good as long as you stick with a reputable seller. I believe Cabela's or Bass Pro shops might carry marked mono but its been a while since I've looked for it there.

I like to use a top shot of Berkley Big Game for inshore. Its cheap, stands up well, and handles all the knots I use without problem. Of course there are better choices. A widely used Albright knot works great for attachment and I glue everyone I tie. No failures!

Must be getting warm in Jersey and your getting the itch!
Have a great day,

.................Lou

Keta

PP Depth Hunter is good, I use it on some of my reels.  If you are shopping for JB line PM me and I will give you a price quote to compare.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Keta PM sent.

Lou; Ruth is asking me every day, "when are we going fishing" and "I like that cooler line"  ::) ;D

Joe

Three se7ens

My favorite is Daiwa Saltiga boat braid.  Its very smooth and supple, and holds its color well.  I have that on most of my offshore rods, aside from the trolling reels.

Shark Hunter

High Seas makes four color monofilament called Quattro.
Life is Good!

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

sharkman

Now this has to be my most favorite cooler line.  I want one of these to carry all the essential. One for drinks, one for food, one for tackle, and one for fish.  Just needs rod holders. This model even has seat back for multiple riders.  That's not me on the train, I found this on a fishing site when looking for motorized coolers.