Ocean City 901

Started by pivotal05, April 26, 2011, 09:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pivotal05

Hello everyone! I recently rebuilt an Ocean City 901 reel and have some questions. First, does anyone have the schematics for this reel? Second, what size HT-100 or Smoothies would fit. The leather washers are in decent condition, not sticky or anything but I'd like to upgrade them. 
Thanks,
Bob

alantani

I doubt that schematics exist.  For drags, the stock drags will have to be measured and matched with new ones........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: jg125 on December 28, 2011, 02:05:28 AM
I know that this is a old post I have a couple of these older ocean city reels I collected as a kid. I have the 901 schematic I will try to attach it for other members that have these reels
JG:  I just received an Ocean City 935 would you or anyone have a schematic for it?  If you have such a schematic, please post it.  If the schematics that JG posted for the 936 wil be the same, please let me know.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Jimmer

I think all the OC star drags are similar designs. I looked through my 1940 OC catalog and didn't see any schematics, just a generic description of how to break down the reels and a drawing of a drag stack that looks like the one on Dawns site. I didn't see the 935 listed in here but it must show 100 or more reels from the 75 cent solite fly reel to the top of the line $125 balboa 14/0 deep sea reel. I also have a stock of nos OC parts - let me know if you need something - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Dominick

JG. you da man.  I just saved and printed it.  Thanks a bunch.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bruce

Hello   Does anyone have a schematic for an Ocean City Imperial 915 ? The reel is about the size of a Penn 146 jigmaster,and is  levelwind antireverse with non freespool lever.           I bought this reel new in the late 40`s I believe  and have taken it apart several times since the 50`s ,but a schematic would be helpful.
        It looks very good no verdegrisss or scratches but the handle now has quit a bit of slop (mostly lateral) and a screw has gone missing from the bridge area under the star drag.
         My best fish on this reel a 22 pound Coho out of Ft. Bragg on a Harnell rod around 1952,it`s now spooled with colored depth mono and last used for down rigger fishing and before that had lead core. She worked well enough for that sort of lake fishing.

Thank you B.
Buzz

Bruce

Thank you belatedly jg125 for the OC915 Imperial schematic.it will be helpful.

buzz
Buzz

Alto Mare

Good stuff Rich, thanks for the link.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.