New guy here...

Started by rshu, April 27, 2011, 05:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rshu

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all of the good info! And many thanks to Alan for showing me the ways, I am fortunate enough to live 10 minutes away, and was invited over recently to work on my reels for the first time. There is so much to learn, but am definitely enjoying it.

Roger

kamuwela

aloha and welcome to alan's place

alantani

guys, roger has been hanging out and will join us on the 7 day trip on the intrepid in july.  looks like i've found a new deckhand! alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Its all about location in real estate, you're a lucky guy. Nice to have you with us Roger,
Sal :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Roger

Welcome aboard from South Louisiana from another Roger........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Roger. You're fortunate to be learning from The Reel Master.
Rob
(up in Redding 8) )
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

Aloha Roger.  Welcome to the site.  It's about time.  lol.

We'll see you again at Alan's. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bub B.

What a lucky guy.  You have infinite knowledge right down the street.  Good luck and welcome.

alantani

roger, if you are free next weekend (5/15 and 5/14), the monterey veterans group is having a salmon derby.  i am not going to have time to prep the boat.  if you have some time this week and feel up to a challenge (including some ladder work), i could use a hand.  otherwise, i have to withdraw the boat.  i'm home all day friday.  give me a call if you have a chance.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Welcome aboard Roger... looks like we got another duplicate name issue here (Dom/Dominick)... anybody like "rog" for a nickname ;)

You live 10 minutes away? ... I wonder what it's like to live that near to Webster (as in the dictionary)... someone must have, right?! You're a lucky man!
See ya around the site,
Dom

rshu

thanks everyone for the warm welcome...

alan, i'm in cancun right now and just got your post... i won't be back until tomorrow unfortunately, otherwise i'd be all happy to join you! i'll call you when i get back.

rog

rshu

btw...trying to post some pics here or in fishing pictures but i get an error - "upload folder is full"? thx

Bryan Young

Roger, you have to use a photo hosting service, like photo bucket, to post images here using the second icon in the second row.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

slip tip

Welcome! Glad you joined us!

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!