Kick Springs

Started by Jayce, April 27, 2011, 05:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayce

Hi,

When I do maintenance on my Baitcasting gear. I try to avoid messing with parts connected to those Kick Springs
(small wire thingys that help snap things back in position).

I tried it before and took me about 2hrs just to put it back and to get things kicking in the right places.

I like to learn how to tame these little critters.
How do you guys do it ?

I want to do a total cleaning of my Citica 201E (It got wet during a heavy rain storm).

alantani

sometimes a dental pick with a hook bent into it works.  sometimes it takes a pair of sharpened needle nose pliers.  there is usually a fair amount of luck and/cussing involved.  the 12 year old rule applies in my house, not in my garage!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: alantani on April 27, 2011, 02:56:52 PM
sometimes a dental pick with a hook bent into it works.  sometimes it takes a pair of sharpened needle nose pliers.  there is usually a fair amount of luck and/cussing involved.  the 12 year old rule applies in my house, not in my garage!   ;D

LMAO..  100% agree..... 

Forceps help.  Lot of patience and I found some new up to date reading glasses changed the world for me 6 months ago!!!!   

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

jayson, send me a pm with your mailing address and i'll mail those drag washers out to you.  don't worry about the cost.  you're covered!  alan

Jayce

Thanx Guys,
I love learning new things.

Sifu Alan you got mail.
Thanx a lot

Alto Mare

the 12 year old rule applies in my house, not in my garage!   ;D

Good one  Alan ;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

we will see if these drag washers make it all the way to china!

Jayce

I hope so too alan.

Already bugging the Cute reception lady to wait for it.

CapeFish

Classic! Unfortunately my son overheard one or two repremands I let go at a friend's Finnor I was working on!