Abu 7800 c3

Started by Brother Leon, March 03, 2017, 10:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Leon

What's the scoop on this reel? I have the opportunity to buy one in great condition all the paper/box with it.

akfish

Do you mean a 7000 C3? If so, it's a great reel -- if it is a Swedish model. The Chinese versions (called7000i C3, I think) are OK but not quite the same quality as the Swedish models.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Lunker Larry

7000i doesn't have half the durability of previous 7000s. I thought I read somewhere they were being discontinued. Anyone?
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

A quick look on google images, it appears the 7800 was some sort of special edition or limited run.  Is yours the gold model with the laser etched sideplate rims?  I can find no mention of it on realsreels.com and he is the most complete base of Ambassadeur info I have found.  I suggest you call or email Jerry Foran at hookless.com, he has given me info on odd models I have bought that were hybridized by the factory when in the midst of making model changes.

Mooki

As far as I know the 7800 C3 was a special edition for a Danish reseller.
Modern internals but some retro exterior details like the "Record" etching
Golden finish
Extra large brake (same as the Big game series) - although there is some debate if this is really true or not.
Titanium line guide
Metal spool
3 Ball bearings
Reinforced Anti Reverse
Weight: 510 grammes
Made in Sweden

500 were built, should be a number on the reel foot (like "234 of 500" or similar, but quite possibly only a "standard" number "100011-11").
All in all a very nice reel.
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...