Penn Sailfisher 130

Started by The Great Maudu, March 04, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

Quote from: TARFU on March 05, 2017, 04:36:43 AM
Cool Sailfisher Mike....that's the last I need for my factory narrow collection....Bill

Bill this one is a going to a friend as a gift otherwise I would have made it available to you.

Bill B

Cool beans brother....I'm sure he is gonna love such a great reel...bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Nice reel Mike, your friend will be happy.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Thank you my friend.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

The Great Maudu

Sorry Dominick but you're going to be disappointed if you are expecting this to show up in your mailbox, lol.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Coises foiled again.  ;D ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Penn Chronology

Beautiful second year Sailfisher. What you bought is the Catalog #18---1954 / 55 version of the Sailfisher. That is the first year the one piece bronze spool is used on the Sailfisher, Model 130.

The Great Maudu

Thanks for clarifying Mike. I knew it was early but precisely when

Penn Chronology

QuoteThanks for clarifying Mike. I knew it was early but precisely when

You have the second year model. The first year model was in Catalog #17 and had a one year only, three piece spool. The box had the same price; but, the reel description of the label was different.

This reel is on EBay right now. Don't know if it will sell but the seller is asking a hefty price for it;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292048810524?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT