Penn Sailfisher 130

Started by The Great Maudu, March 04, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

The FATC show in Daytona Beach was sensational. I got to meet some of the top experts and collectors in the country. Not to mention getting see displays of rods, reels and tackle on a scale I've never seen before. I picked up a few things for my collection like this minty Sailfisher 130 with a great box. I believe this an early manufactured Sailfisher.

thorhammer

Nice Mike!! I like those. Need to go through mine. 

mizmo67

Ah, that's a pretty 130! Nice catch.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

54bullseye

Quote from: The Great Maudu on March 04, 2017, 09:35:41 PM
The FATC show in Daytona Beach was sensational. I got to meet some of the top experts and collectors in the country. Not to mention getting see displays of rods, reels and tackle on a scale I've never seen before. I picked up a few things for my collection like this minty Sailfisher 130 with a great box. I believe this an early manufactured Sailfisher.
Hi Mike John Taylor here. I like your Sailfisher 130 there neat little reels and that one looks like new. I have a later one in the box also. I talked to a few big game buddies that were there and they both said it was kind of slim pickens on the big rods and reels but there was a lot of nice smaller stuff. Neither one saw a Cradle reel or any tips for cradles ???? Glad I didn't go !!  LOL !! One of these years I will go. Did you fly or drive and how long did you stay ? Did you see any thing else you drooled over ?  I scored a few new cradles lately one really nice BIG ONE with a tip. Hope all is well with you !!
    John T.

STRIPER LOU

Very nice Mike! Another one of my favorites.
............Lou

The Great Maudu

Hi John, there were a few BIG reels at the show including commander Ross, EVH, and a nice 12/0 Panama I passed on for $600 bc I didn't want the hassle of flying it back. I saw one cradle, a giant EVH but no tip. I'm glad I flew or I would have several big game rods with me. Butch Carey had a old Pflueger double built split bamboo that was beautiful. Someone had a wooden case built by Tycoon for four rods from a Bimini king on down. All the rod tips fit in their places and the handles fit in their places. We got down here last Tuesday and are leaving in the morning.

54bullseye

How big is Butch's Pflueger double built rod ?

The Great Maudu

Too big to bend. He had a couple big game rods. The Pflueger was very classy looking. I didn't know the Pflueger's built rods much less rods like that.

Tightlines667

Nice reel package there!  I have one as well, though mine is not as nice.  Thise EVH Tycoon rods sound super cool.  I also like the OC big game reels.  I hope I can make the show some year.  Its near my parents' place.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Swami805

Nice Reel Mike. Just curious what kind of tips are you talking about? Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

54bullseye

Quote from: The Great Maudu on March 05, 2017, 12:34:57 AM
Too big to bend. He had a couple big game rods. The Pflueger was very classy looking. I didn't know the Pflueger's built rods much less rods like that.
Mike if your going back by Butch could you snap a few pics of the rod for me or ask Butch to send me a picture in an email he has mine. I am interested in it !   Thanks  John

Bill B

Cool Sailfisher Mike....that's the last I need for my factory narrow collection....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

The Great Maudu

Quote from: Swami805 on March 05, 2017, 01:16:09 AM
Nice Reel Mike. Just curious what kind of tips are you talking about? Sheridan
Tips refer to the actual rod portion of a two piece rod. Common sense would tell you it's just the last few inches but no, it's the whole rod minus the handle and reel seat.

The Great Maudu

Quote from: 54bullseye on March 05, 2017, 01:37:00 AM
Mike if your going back by Butch could you snap a few pics of the rod for me or ask Butch to send me a picture in an email he has mine. I am interested in it !   Thanks  John
[/quote]

John the show was over when I first posted. I believe he still has the rod.