Shimano Part needed

Started by Dave RI, March 09, 2017, 11:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave RI

Hi Guys ,

I am not sure anyone here can help me but , i have a Shimano TLD 50 2 speed that i need a new left side cover for , this part is no longer available from Shimano but if soemone knew of one i would be willing to purchase it . Thank you !!

Donnyboat

I wont buy shimano, any reels over 10 years old they do not have parts, very poor, supposed to by life time garrantee, to them that is 10 years, cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Quote from: Donnyboat on March 09, 2017, 06:30:46 PM
I wont buy shimano, any reels over 10 years old they do not have parts, very poor, supposed to by life time garrantee, to them that is 10 years, cheers don.
Donny do you have a writing that says the reels have a lifetime guarantee?  If so I would be curious to read it.  Thanks.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Shimano used to be second to none when it came to customer service, parts, and good old fashioned service that went above what we would ever expect.

Don't know how many times when asked to work a show or Saturday Seminar with Shimano -- anglers would bring in busted reels that in many cases were not Shimano's fault -- or many years old.

The Shimano rep would either just hand the guy a new reel, fix the old one, or take his name and address to send him a new one in the mail.

Impressive and classy!

No more -- we are lucky to have Shimano parts for 5 years -- even on $1300 Stella Spinners.

And the good service mindset that went above what we would ever expect from a large company -- has been swallowed up by a Corporate Giant that puts high profits above customer satisfaction and good will.

Today -- look to Okuma, Penn, and a very few others for stellar parts supply and great service.

I have a bin of brand new Shimano parts.  Mostly spinner gears, sideplates, bodies, cranks, and bails -- from the 80s.  Shimano would just leave these free of charge with repair shops to take care of customers.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

fishgrain

Wow ....  :o :o

I thought you must have been mistaken but fishshop.shimano confirms that parts for the TLD50 2 speed are being DISC.

The cycle I have observed in the past is every 2 model changes parts production / importing ceases by SHM USA (irvine, ca & ladson, sc)

Perhaps the $400 price point for a big game 50W is not what it once was, or maybe something new is soon to be launched.

Who knows,

Jay

alantani

if you mean the left side plate, TT0378, i've got it!  dave, send me a pm with your mailing address and i will drop it into the mail, no charge.  it's used but fully intact.  there is a 50 lrs crossbar and a couple of screws to go along with it, but that's all. 

http://fish.shimano.com/content/dam/shimanoweb/fish/sac-fish/en/techdocs/current-models--2-/TLD_II/TLD50II
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RowdyW

Anybody, what is the difference between a TLD II 50A & a TLD II 50 LRSA. The only difference that I see is the spools have different part numbers & the LRSA has 2 lbs. more advertised drag.             Rudy

foakes

Hi Rudy --

Long Range Special. These reels have a steeper drag curve and typically a higher max drag capability.

Aimed at the West Coast Long Range trips of typically 10-15 days.

Little higher target drag number when set at strike, for some of the larger Tuna.

This was a Shimano carryover from the earlier Tiagras -- and before smaller reels with braid became so popular.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RowdyW

Thanks Fred, I knew what the letters meant but now I know that they have a slightly different drag curve. The A has 50# line recomended & the LRSA has 80# line recomended. I would guess for high speed trolling. That will work out for Wahoo & YFT. Maybe medium Sharks from the beach too.             Rudy

Shoot I couldn't get parts for the Curado D, two months after the E came out.  Tried getting a bail arm for a Stradic CI4 a couple months after they came out. They were on back order for more than a year because of the "tsunami".  Come to find out the very part was available all along but only to wholesalers, not the customer direct.  Never bought a Shimano again.