1.5 day on the Liberty, out of fishermans landing, Point Loma, San Diego ca.

Started by Hamachi, March 13, 2017, 12:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi

Signed up for the Pacific Queen for the Friday, fish Saturday come home Sunday, colonet point trip. Last minute engine problems switched us over to the Liberty. Freshly redone it sparkles like a gem, but it seems slow, or we got a late start as the slow dog Old Glory beat us out to the fishing grounds! Picky bite, with just 40 yellowtail recorded decent rockfish, with some huge reds in the mix. Ended up with 2 yellowtail 4 rockfish and a lingcod. Fished hard all day until sundown.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Dominick

Good job Hamachi, that is a bunch of hamachi for the table.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

MarkT

Looks good Warren, I thought about trying to get out thiis weekend but stayed home and pulled weeds instead.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Hamachi

Thanks guys. My favorite yo yo rig at the moment is a Phoenix psw 809hxf paired to a Penn Fathom 25nld2. The extra fast taper doesn't seem to come into play when a yellow loads up on it. Mark, hire a gardener!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Hamachi

Bryan Young

Quote from: Hamachi on March 14, 2017, 12:35:32 AM
That's why you make the big bucks Bryan!
I so wish. I do get to see some of the world when I not sleeping in the car on the way to our customer's facility.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D