Pflueger Sea King

Started by sharkman, March 13, 2017, 01:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Does anybody have schematics for this reel

sdlehr

I do not. Good luck finding them, it seems some older Pflueger schematics are non-existent. I never did find a schematic for my 1419-3/4.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

sharkman

Thanks Sid.  I made a very big rookie mistake. The reel was not working so I decided to take apart. When I got down to the final four bolts I loosened them keeping pressure. Not feeling any resistance I release and proceeded to separate the outer handle side from black spacer. The sludge of grease gave way just when separated sending parts flying. I was able to figure out most of the parts.  The parts in question seem to be associated with the pinion and pinion disengaging button. Lesson learned do not remove the small screws.

oc1

Post photos.  There are enough Sea Kings around that someone will know.
-steve

sharkman

Here are the parts I am trying to figure out where they go

Reel 224

Sharkman: Let me try to help you with the picture you have here.

From the top: Yoke housing installs in the free spool push-in Cam
Cam spring fits on the left around the two shallow resided pins
Pinion gear fits in the yoke with the grove fitting in the yoke slot (in the picture the gear has to be flipped)
Below the pinion I think that is call the cover that fits under the free spool button before you install the yoke housing

The crank nut and the lock ring I think is self explanatory

To the far right of the lock ring is the release cam it fits on top of the drag stack on top of the last tension washer

Last thing is the gear sleeve over the release cam

I hope this has been helpful, the only other thing I can be of help is to fax or mail you a copy of the schematics, I have a copy but it's not on my computer.

Joe     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

sharkman

Thanks Joe I really appreciate the help. I will take pics when together.

James

sharkman

Thanks again Joe

sharkman

Paired reel with Pflueger rod

mo65

Glad ya got 'er back together Sharkman. Love that Pflueger rod. Great assist Joe. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

I love that set up. So classic.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

James; Great job you made the combination look great. I am glad I could help.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."