My rendition of the Penn Tool 'Block'

Started by coastal_dan, March 17, 2017, 01:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Like a few others here, each time I see a Penn Tool Block / Storage Unit I find I desire it...not just want it...but I'm not spending the +$250, the wife would kill me  :D

So, a trip to Michaels and I see this box for $4.99, add some tea cup hooks from our 'Box Of Random', drill a few holes...then add a Penn sticker from a small horde of them I have and Viola

[/url]

I like it  ::)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Bravo! MacGuyver himself couldn't do any better.   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

Well done that man - A thing of purpose :)

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Good job, Dan --

Staying organized is always more efficient and productive.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mizmo67

Looks really good, Dan!
I like it better than my spinning gizmo that I put together with one of those little two-decker lazy susans and the old utensil holder from the dishwasher..
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tightlines667

Quote from: mizmo67 on March 17, 2017, 04:11:44 PM
Looks really good, Dan!
I like it better than my spinning gizmo that I put together with one of those little two-decker lazy susans and the old utensil holder from the dishwasher..

That's not a bad idea either.

I was considering making a hollow ground screwdriver block similar to the one Brownell's offers...

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/tool-storage/screwdriver-storage/oak-screwdriver-bench-blocks-prod41574.aspx

At $76.99 asking price it may be worthwhile to make my own.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mo65

I like it Dan! I'm still keeping my "reel tools" on a paper plate...I need a makeover! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

You have more room on that box, Dan --

Here is the one I made from scrap wood -- and a Metal 6" bearing Lazy Susan -- and the plastic and rubber Lazy Susan I saved from the trash after the wife tossed it out.

This is used every day I work on reels.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.