Greetings from Coos Bay, Oregon

Started by Justinskywest, March 21, 2017, 06:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justinskywest

Hey guys! My name is Justin Wesson. I own Justin's Reel Repair in Coos Bay, Oregon. I've spent a great portion of my 34 years in the Pacific Northwest. I've been dabbling in reel service for a few years, but only recently decided to pull the trigger and start my business. I still work a full time job as Airport Maintenance. I'm constantly fixing things in every aspect of my life. I'm somewhat of a tinkerer.

I have been a tournament kayak angler for the past several years, fishing mostly ocean rockfish events. My daughter was born in July of last year, so I decided to keep my adventures a little safer and I now fish mostly bass tournaments. What a completely different world bass fishing is! very exciting, and extremely expensive. HA!

I'm an avid salmon fisherman. We have an amazing fall run of Chinook salmon here and it's my favorite fishery. I have a 16' smokercraft pro alaskan that get's the job done for me.

I have come to appreciate the knowledge amassed here, and I hope to contribute to the forums in a positive way.

Tight lines to you all
Justin Wesson

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Justinskywest

Hey there. I see you're in K Falls!

Keta

Yup, I fish out of Charleston at times.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tiddlerbasher

STRIPER LOU

Hi Justin, and welcome to the group!

............Lou

thorhammer

Bill B

Justin, Welcome to the Darkside.  I see you have already jumped in with two feet and started your own business.  I wish you well in your passion.  Bill.... Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Maxed Out

Welcome aboard. If you're going to be servicing reels, you've come to the right place.   -Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Justin --

Glad you kept the full time job at the Airport...with a new family, the benefits and steady income are paramount.

Anyway we can ever help, let us know.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelhead_killer

><)))">

swill88

Hi from the California Delta Justin!

Steve

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~