Rail Rocker for Use on Stainless Steel Rails

Started by Normslanding, March 27, 2017, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normslanding

Alan has been trying to educate me on posting a picture. I will be very surprised if the picture shows up on the post.
Anyway the picture is of a Rail Rocker which will ride on a round metal boat rail. I recently watched Alans video landing a Tuna on the bow of one of the Osuna brothers boat, in Puerto Vallarta.
I have a rocker on several rods that are used on metal rails. It keeps fore-grips from being damaged, and provides stability. If the rail slopes a deckhand can wrap his hand around the rail providing a stop. This keeps the rod from sliding down hill.
Anyway I sure hope the image shows up.

Normslanding

David Hall

I was thinking about this very thing just last night, I didn't know there was a fitting to adapt it right to the rod.
Very nice and clean, doesn't distract from the rod at all and should keep the rod under good control.
Thanks for posting that.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Normslanding

I bought several Rockers from a rod builder that sold on ebay. If I recall he was in Indiana. They are heavy wall Aluminum, convex, and hard anodized. The rod in the picture Is a Calstar 410XH. I sent a rocker to Calstar and they were kind enough to build that handle with the Rocker. At the time I had a broken arm. My other rods with Rockers were done by me. More info than you need!

Bryan Young

Interesting. I would wrap it with flex wrap so it sticks a little.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Normslanding

I do have heat shrink on mine. I cut it off of the one to take the picture.