Color schemes

Started by biggiesmalls, March 28, 2017, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which color for which part?

Posts done in chrome (means inner rings done in black)
4 (80%)
Inner rings done in chrome (means posts done in black
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

biggiesmalls

I am trying to decide on the color for a few parts that I did not give to the powder coater, I didn't send the posts or the inner rings.

The outer rings, rod stand, rod clamp, harness, freespool selector, and hardware are all going to be done in chrome.
The spool, handle arm, and of course the side plates will all be black.

Which do you think will look nicer - the posts chrome and inner rings black, or the posts black and inner rings chrome?

Tight lines
Drew

RowdyW

Everything redone in triple plate chrome!!

biggiesmalls

What do people think about blue accents on the reel? The reel would be the same colors as the rod - mostly black and silver (more chrome/silver on the reel than the rod), with blue accents. The reel's star drag wheel and the "divots" on the spool would be blue, like a darker metallic blue. I will make a decision on the colors by around 9:00 tonight.

Also if you think that both of those things should be done in chrome, let me know. So far I am taking it as 3 votes for chrome stands and 1 vote for both of those to be chrome.

RowdyW

I have a 113 4/0 that was done about 4 years ago with most of the chrome in blue. It doesn't show up very well, not enough contrast. I also have a 115 9/0 that is done in gold on most of the chrome. The gold is to light colored & doesn't show up that well even against the black. Maybe I should have tried the copper color on both. It's your reel for you to choose what pleases you, not anyone else. JMO       Rudy

David Hall

Can't wait to see this one.

biggiesmalls

Thanks David - I can't wait either!