Pressurized sprayer

Started by Marktrahan, March 29, 2017, 03:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marktrahan

Sorry to say I have been hanging around here a long time without posting but have gotten lots great info hear .Any who this is my favorite tool it is a sure shot pressurized sprayer that is pressurized with compressed air mine has different size nozzle s my favorite is the needle nozzle I use camp fuel in mine it will blast away the nastiest grease and dirt and you can really put lots pressure in it safely forgot what is max pressure but it's a lot.any thanks all for info mabe this will help some one.

JRD

I'm a fan of using air after a cleaning soak (just not to spin bearings dry) but just be careful you don't learn the physics behind  a FAE using Colman fuel!

foakes

For me, I have a kerosene recirculating parts washer (hate kerosene because of the smell and hard to get off -- haven't used it for 10+ years), non heating ultrasonic cleaners, lacquer thinner in small jars, mineral spirits, and more.

If I do not have the time for a wipe down and drying of a part after a quick cleaning -- I use a motion controlled hand dryer like in public restrooms.  Quick, easy, will not lose parts since I have my hand on them -- and done -- without any extra hands involved -- just put the part back in the reel after lubing it up.

Plus most of my work is done in a separate inside shop in our home -- so cleanup, safety, and smell can be an issue in my case.

Thanks for posting -- good thoughts.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Marktrahan

I have a room in my home also that I work in .i have and old stainless steel bowl outside on my back deck when I have nasty parts grease dirt sand I blast them over that bowl normally no more than 1/4 inch fuel left over in that bowl that will evaporate in an hour or so leaving dirt and grease behind that I wipe out with rag for next time thanks

Midway Tommy

Quote from: foakes on March 29, 2017, 03:47:57 PM
For me, I have a kerosene recirculating parts washer (hate kerosene because of the smell and hard to get off -- haven't used it for 10+ years), non heating ultrasonic cleaners, lacquer thinner in small jars, mineral spirits, and more.

If I do not have the time for a wipe down and drying of a part after a quick cleaning -- I use a motion controlled hand dryer like in public restrooms.  Quick, easy, will not lose parts since I have my hand on them -- and done -- without any extra hands involved -- just put the part back in the reel after lubing it up.

Plus most of my work is done in a separate inside shop in our home -- so cleanup, safety, and smell can be an issue in my case.

Thanks for posting -- good thoughts.

Best,

Fred

My reel room is in the finished part of my basement (my old office, an extra bedroom). Odor's a pain, even the odorless mineral spirits, especially if you get them on rags, & that gets da mama all stirred up.  ::) I use the lacquer thinner in a jar method but fumes still linger when the lid comes off. Since my room is on an outside wall I added a bathroom exhaust fan vented to the outside. Did that back when I had an ammonia blue print machine in there. Glad I did it because, with a flip of the switch, it works great removing the chemical odors. When da mama's happy everybody's happy, plus I don't get so high or nauseous.  ;D   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

My shop is just a screened hut.  Even so, I hate using sprays and aerosols.  A bench top spray booth would be really nice if there were space.
-steve