Penn Senator 1/0

Started by joel8080, May 04, 2011, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel8080

Alan

Due you have a SS Gear Sleeve for a Penn1/0 Senator.

Regards

Joel
Oceanside,California

alantani

yes, but .......

here are the schematics.  https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn110.aspx  the gear sleeve should be a plain 98-60, so the standard course thread jigmaster gear sleeve should work fine.  the problem is that there are some VERY old reels out there that used a bridge plate with a very skinny post.  i can send you one and it will probably work.  we will not know for sure until you open it up.  you can also get parts from mysticparts.com.  alan

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

joel8080

Alan

What I'm looking for is a Stainless Steel gear sleeve for my 1/0, I'm worried the brass one will take a beating with the HT100 drag washers and would like to up grade it with a better gear sleeve, it's a great little reel and I enjoy fishing with it.

Joel
Oceanside,California

joel8080

Alan

I found it scotts call it 98-60AT.

Thank you

Joel
Oceanside,California

alantani

joel, the 1/0 is a unique reel.  please let us know if you find any problems with it. 

Gman_WC

Alan, Unique in what way? Are the guts not at all like the 2/0, 3/0, 4/0
Or do you mean unique in power in a small package? -g
Walnut Creek, CA

alantani

the rebuild is basically the same as the larger reels.  many of the parts are different, thought.   

Alto Mare

Alan is right, the rebuild is basically the same as other Senators. The 110 was in production for over 40 years. The 1/0 is similar to a 501, it will actually take the same spool , the gears are a little slower. If you're going to enjoy it ... fish with it, I would recommend the stainless steel gear sleeve and maybe the aluminum spool. Don't worry about investing some money in that reel, I'm sure you'll get it back. These are sought after by collectors, I've seen one go for over $200. Nice reel enjoy it!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

I love my 1/0 (that I use)... for porgie, fluke, and sea bass.  I also have 3 others (1 N.I.B. and 2 in near mint to mint) that I ain't never using.  I watch them go for over $200 regularly on ebay or a N.I.B. 1/0.  Have fun with her... she's a keeper!
Dom