99 Jigmaster magnum build

Started by Yogi_fish808, April 07, 2017, 05:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

My friends in Socal keep talking so much about going for big yellowtail and blue fins that I built a reel that I'd use for the job if I was gonna take a boat trip. A gold accurate jigmaster magnum "99" width. It's got all the SS goodies the offered by our ohana, double dog bridge, gear sleeve, Newell 4:1 gears, yoke, jack, Adam/Motive Fab. insert kit, delrin under gear washer and Ted's 2nd gen shift lever....loaded with 80lb daiwa J-braid. Hopefully I can take this one out on the boat here for some Aku/Skip Jack or Shibi/Small yellowfin and test it out.

The tell-tail sign of a magnum reel, the "bump" to accommodate the bigger 113h main gear.

Aloha,
Kyle

sdlehr

That's one sharp looking Magnum, Yogi! I like the look!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Maxed Out

That's a solid home run Kyle. I'm just a bit jealous......OK, I'm a whole lot jealous. Love the 99 jiggy, but 99 magnum is nearly unobtainable. Thanks for sharing and good luck with those big tuna  8) 8)

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Whew doggies! I'm with Ted...a 99 Magnum is some serious compact power. Congrats on a beast of a reel! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

David Hall

That's beauty for sure, what line is that you have?
Duh!  I see it now 80lb Daiwa J braid.

Bill B

Like It :D   Gonna have to start collecting parts for one...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

I finally got a NOS Accurate 99 frame to complete mine. I will have a 99 width tub frame available for a build or for sale.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pounder21366

MarkT

Just get a Pro Gear 545 and call it good.  It's basically a 99 Magnum before you start tricking it out. It'll cost less than a Jigmaster with a 99 Magum kit.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bryan Young

Quote from: MarkT on April 08, 2017, 03:16:25 AM
Just get a Pro Gear 545 and call it good.  It's basically a 99 Magnum before you start tricking it out. It'll cost less than a Jigmaster with a 99 Magum kit.
You're no fun Mark 😢😢😢 😁😁😁
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Yogi_fish808

I scored this reel for a hair over the price of the equivalent Progear reel. It also came with the Newell 4:1 gears in it, which wasn't in the sellers description....luck of the draw sometimes.

Alto Mare

Our customs are much better than the ProGears, you get what you pay for when done.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Good Build, You know what you got, and should be proud,  Plus you did it yourself.  I much prefer and trust my own builds to any factory reel that is box stock.. :-\.....Good Luck and Happy Fishing! 8)

Maxed Out

Quote from: MarkT on April 08, 2017, 03:16:25 AM
Just get a Pro Gear 545 and call it good.  It's basically a 99 Magnum before you start tricking it out. It'll cost less than a Jigmaster with a 99 Magum kit.

A 545 is equal to a 501 magnum.....the 99 is a bit wider
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

TongassFisher