Grauvell Zenith Z

Started by Pollack, May 07, 2011, 07:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pollack

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know anything about the above reel, I am thinking about buying one for some light jigging (4-6 oz.) in the UK from a boat. They seem to have a good spec, but what is the build quality?
Best Regards
Pollack

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Chinese,Graphite body, too many ball bearings and a poor write up on WSF.   They remind me of the Chinese Penn Captivas which failed miserably when pollack jigging (10oz in 100m.)   They may well be ok for light jigging only.  Would check on availability of spares before buying.

Having used other spinners (Penn Spin Fishers 6500SS/7500SS) and overheads (Penn 3/0 HS Senators/ Shimano Trinidad TN16's) for deep water jigging in the UK my preference is for star drag overheads.   PM me if you wish.

Alto Mare

Get yourself a used Penn 650SS or 6500SS on ebay, they go for around $80. As you already know there are some nice tutorials here and they're very easy to work on. Clean it up and you've got yourself a reel that won't let you down and will last a lifetime. Do yourself a favor and try to stay away from the graphite body on reels.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Pollack

Thanks all,
That really answers my question - a penn it is.
Thanks again Pollack