Mango Man is still around

Started by Newell Nut, June 10, 2017, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

I have not posted any recently but still getting out occasionally.

Dwight

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

ChileRelleno

Man those are some fine fish!

Bring those to my place, and I'll cook you (and I) a feast fit for Royalty.   ;)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Rivverrat

Could someone please tell a person in Kansas what fish these be ?

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Rivverrat on June 11, 2017, 01:40:45 AM
Mango, Mangrove, Mangrove Snapper or even incorrectly Gray or Black Snapper.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

mo65

I don't get out of the hollow much...but I have caught and eaten snapper...tops! Nice catch Dwight. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

MarkT

Nice! What boat are you going out on now that the PP has left?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Newell Nut

The Pastime was sold to Calabash Fishing Fleet in NC and now called Atlantic Star. I am now fishing on the Sea Spirit out of Ponce Inlet which is a little smaller but a very nice captain and crew and owner. This boat was originally called the Sea Love and I started fishing that boat about maybe 35 years ago and now I am back where I started and it is now docked at the Sea Love Marina in Ponce Inlet.
We had another all day trip today and we slayed the mangrove snapper that us locals just call Mangos. I managed to snatch 8 of them out of the water and a mutton and a king. Took my 5 limit home and gave the rest to the crew.

What I am fishing with now is a Pink Hercules Athena GTS80XH 50-80 that I jazzed up a little. Pics were posted back in Dec or Jan.

Aiala

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 12, 2017, 01:02:01 AM
What I am fishing with now is a Pink Hercules Athena GTS80XH 50-80 that I jazzed up a little.

Great catch, Dwight... and with a Pink Lady, no less!   :D

I'm taking my Athena out next week on a ROYAL STAR 7-day. Don't know where we're going yet or what we'll be targeting, but one of the local 3/4-day boats just landed a massive BFT close to 200 lbs! So, I'm going to be ready just in case.   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Newell Nut

Aiala, hope you have a great trip. The Pink Lady rod can handle anything you want to hook.

Aiala

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 12, 2017, 05:11:37 PM
Aiala, hope you have a great trip. The Pink Lady rod can handle anything you want to hook.

Thanks, Dwight! I just found out that we are going to Guadalupe, so with any luck my Newell Nut Pink Lady will get a proper workout.  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

steelfish

Mango season officially open

congrats amigo Dwight
The Baja Guy

conchydong

Quote from: ChileRelleno on June 11, 2017, 02:22:08 AM
Quote from: Rivverrat on June 11, 2017, 01:40:45 AM
Mango, Mangrove, Mangrove Snapper or even incorrectly Gray or Black Snapper.

Chile, I will never disagree with you about cooking but Mangrove Snapper are also called Gray Snapper. At least legally in Florida. In the Keys where I grew up that is what we called them .