grips

Started by TimH, May 11, 2011, 02:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimH

What is the difference between power grips and stock grips?

ReelSpeed

Leverage and comfort.  Sometimes looks..

Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

alantani

picking a grip for a fishing reel should be the same as a tennis racket.  the principles are the same.....

How to Pick a Tennis Grip Size

Choosing the right size grip for your tennis racquet is extremely important. When playing with a handle that's too small, you'll need to squeeze it tighter than usual to control the racquet. When playing with a handle that's too large, you'll struggle to generate spin and pace with your strokes. Follow these steps to find the grip size that's just right.

1 Hold your tennis racquet (either one you own or one you're going to buy) in your playing hand.

2 Try to fit the index finger of your free hand between the palm and fingertips of the hand holding the racquet. An ideal grip size leaves just enough room for your finger to fit, but no extra.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I do the same when I purchase a new stonemason trowel ;D ;D ;D.It has to feel comfortably in your hand.
ReelSpeed pretty much has it all covered.... Leverage, comfort and looks.

Quote from: alantani on May 11, 2011, 08:18:52 AM
picking a grip for a fishing reel should be the same as a tennis racket.  the principles are the same.....

How to Pick a Tennis Grip Size

Choosing the right size grip for your tennis racquet is extremely important. When playing with a handle that's too small, you'll need to squeeze it tighter than usual to control the racquet. When playing with a handle that's too large, you'll struggle to generate spin and pace with your strokes. Follow these steps to find the grip size that's just right.

1 Hold your tennis racquet (either one you own or one you're going to buy) in your playing hand.

2 Try to fit the index finger of your free hand between the palm and fingertips of the hand holding the racquet. An ideal grip size leaves just enough room for your finger to fit, but no extra.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

TimH

I guess I mean more of a physical difference between the two. How could I tell a power handle from a stock one by looking at it?

george.s

TimH

perfect, exactly what I needed