foot for a Penn 349

Started by Donnyboat, May 11, 2017, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi every one, hope your all in good health, I have just been given a Penn 349 reel, I have striped it & I think it is in good order, it turns smooth and freely, but it has a badly bent foot or base, stamped with 30-349, can anyone tell me were I can get one from, or would I do the foot any harm heating it, & trying to re shape it, as I think it is stainless steel, would it stand much heating, also were can I get drage washers from, I can cut my our carbon tex washers, i have 1mm sheets, but not enough eared washers, if anyone can give me there email address I could send a photo, if anyone can enter it on this post for me, I need a new computer before I can post photos, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

foakes

If you don't get the one on ebay -- and since Mo & Scott do not have one -- here is a new one out of the vintage parts bins.

If the ebay does not happen -- let me know.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mizmo67

I'd recommend going for Fred's new one!
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Donnyboat

Thank Mo & Fred for your prompt replies, Fred I have your email address from past dealings, will send you some corrispondence, do you have any eared washers that will fit the drag, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat