New Australian Member

Started by pommy, May 13, 2011, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pommy

Greetings all!

I'm a new member living in Ballina NSW Australia. Originally from the UK but have been here for 10 years.

Mainly a rock fisherman for GTs, Jewfish and Tailor (bluefish). Trying to upgrade into longtails and spanish.

Fish poppers, metals and big soft plastics.

Reels:
Stella 1000sw
Sustain 6000fe
2 x Daiwa Emblem Pro 5500a (Australian)
Shimano Baitrunner 6500b
Daiwa Opus Bull 6000
Old model tld 20

Most impressed by Alan's reports on two Australian sites that have been posted by site members.

Best regards, Rob.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Welcome from Pennsylvania, home of  Penn Reels!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Hadge

Great to have you onbroad,
This is great place for reel repair tips, I'm new here as well ,all the guys are great and informative.

Hadge
Hadge

Roger

Rob, welcome aboard from South Louisiana.......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Taily

G'day Pom. There's a growing number of us Aussies here now enjoying the quiet life and learning a bit as we go. I'm from Port Stephens way. There's plenty to see and learn from here on the site.

That is a faily eclectic range of reels you've got there too!

Enjoy!

Regards,

Dave
Nunc est bibendum....

Bryan Young

Glad you joined us.  Just post if you have any questions.  Many reel gurus here that love to help.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: pommy on May 13, 2011, 12:29:11 AM
Greetings all!

I'm a new member living in Ballina NSW Australia. Originally from the UK but have been here for 10 years.

Best regards, Rob.

G'day Rob!
Welcome from Northern California. Where in NSW is Ballina? I've got a couple of mates in Gloucester and Sydney.
We need another Rob (you're the third one that I know of) so we can take on the Dom/Dominick crowd. ;D ;D    I see you're from the UK so that explains the "pommy" moniker.
Tight lines!
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

kamuwela

pommy

G'day Guys!

I'm originally from Middlesborough, in the NE of England. A big industrial town on the coast with some (pollution) sea fishing.

Ballina NSW is 100km/60 miles south of the Queensland/NSW border. Google Earth has some nice shots of Lennox Head/Broken Head where I do most of my fishing for GTs/Jewfish/Bluefish.

Stella 1000sw and Emblem Pros are my high speed spin reels (118 and 122cm per turn).

Sustain for popping.

6500b for estuary livebaiting.

Opus Bull 6000 for skull dragging sharks etc.

tld 20 for livebaiting longtail tuna off the rocks.

Regards, Rob.

Brian A

Aloha pommy.  just wondering... you ever do any slide bait fishing? 

pommy