brass gear sleeve for Penn 310gti

Started by sturgeonhunter, May 13, 2011, 06:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturgeonhunter

looked all over boards in regards to this reel including mysticparts.com.But nothing seen on a stainless steel sleeve gear sleeve upgrade for this reel like

one listed for the 330 gti ? I am upgrading drag washers to carbontex also looking into a handle upgrade any info would be greatly apreciated

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

alantani

not alot of options for this one.  here is your best bet.  use a #6-113 penn drag washer or a carbontex drag (probably better) under the main gear.  grease it and grease the stock drag washers (leave them in, they're fine) that are already inside the main gear.  add a stock jigmaster power handle. 
sorry, but there are no stainless steel gear sleeves for this reel. 

that's it. you should be fine with just this.  let me know if you need help with parts.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sturgeonhunter

thanks for help Alan,I know about the #6-133 washer under main gear from your tutorial those are so helpful by the way,would you happen to know #

for carbontex washer under main gear ?

alantani

i don't, but it's the same washer that goes underneath the main gear in the smoothdrag jigmaster and newell 200/300 series reels. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!