Posting picture?

Started by SierraBob, May 13, 2011, 07:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SierraBob

About half an hour ago I sent a message with a couple pictures for the first time and do not see it posted. I tried it again and it said it was already sent in.  How long does it take till pics are posted? Or did I do something wrong? This was my first attempt at adding a picture.

alantani

bob, the photo portion of this website is not active for members.  what you have to do is host your photos on a site like photobucket.com, then use the [img] function to host it over here.  i decided to leave it like that because i was concerned about running out of space.  you may have noticed that you sometimes have trouble logging in or that the site really slows down?  i think that's because we are hitting the limit of the bandwidth that we are given from godaddy.com.  if it gets much worse, i'm may have to lay down some serious coin to get it back up to speed.  i'm going to let it hobble along for now just to see how it goes.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SierraBob

Okee Doke  sound good and thanks for the reply. Maybe you would know the answer on my Dad's older Newell Reel   as to what year it is. It is a Newell 220-F  graphite reel and all the names etc on the reel are highlited in Red Color.  I have caught many fish with it and recently took it apart and relubed it all and cleaned it up.

Nessie Hunter

Alan we had that problem on a private site I belong to..  Our webmaster changed up to another server, saved a ton of Cash and we get some outstanding bandwith & Sorage etc,  Darn fast since the change...

Let me see if I can get you that info...   BRB...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

right now the host is godaddy.com.  it was $45 per year and i bought 10 years worth of hosting.  we have 8 more years to go. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: alantani on May 13, 2011, 08:56:13 PM
right now the host is godaddy.com.  it was $45 per year and i bought 10 years worth of hosting.  we have 8 more years to go. 

Well thats pretty darn good IMHO....

This is what I found out...

""""Dude Bluehost is the way to go. So cheap and easy as heck to install forums blogs and what not. I used to have to set stuff up manually but they've made it super easy to install smf and to configure the database. It's practically scripted for you."""""""

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!