Really cool screwdriver

Started by ReelSpeed, May 15, 2011, 01:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelSpeed

So today in Lowe's I finally see the idea that I had as a young teenager actually made in the store!  It was a two screwdriver kit that has the bits stored in the handle and they can be chosen rapidly.. kinda like the old multi-colored pens.  Here are some pictures.

The handle slides out and you twist it to choose the correct bit then push the handle to bring the bit into the top.  With two sizes of screwdriver, they have pretty much every bit you will ever need! And it is a magnetic system...which is quite important.  And the best part is that Kobalt did not use some proprietary bit size or lock it inside, so you can put any bit you want inside the screwdriver!!! I really wish I would have done something with the idea when I was young.. oh well.  at least I can buy it and use it!

Aaron
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Roger

Now that's pretty cool, may have to check those out next time I'm at Lowes.

Thanks
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Fishermans Paradise

Craftsman has had one of those for a couple years now, its called the Autoloader, Very handy tool to have around

broadway

These are the guys who make it for them all http://autoloaderscrewdriver.com/index.html

Reel Speed,
Thanks for reminding me of this screwdrivers existence... had one when I worked on my BMX bikes, 20 years ago.  They work well as a reel driver, but not for torquing or prying.

broadway

Mentioned that screw driver to my mother today in one of those remember when conversations.  She says I still have it right here.  I thought it was the autoloader, but I guess I had a manloader (manual) cause she said i would love one that auto loads... So now I gotta buy us a couple pairs... I do anything for mom ;)  ;D
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on May 15, 2011, 11:59:16 PM
      Mentioned that screw driver to my mother today in one of those remember when conversations.  She says I still have it right here.  I thought it was the autoloader, but I guess I had a manloader (manual) cause she said i would love one that auto loads... So now I gotta buy us a couple pairs... I do anything for mom ;)  ;D
Dom

Good boy! Keep mommy happy ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ReelSpeed

I am liking mine so far!  I will probably just purchase a complete set of high quality bits that I can trust with everyday use. 
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

broadway

Gman_WC

I picked up the set when I was at Lowes tonight. Now to find a set of good bits to go inside it.
Anyone have suggestions for bits? Lowes sure didn't have any. I'll have a look see the next time I'm in Homey Depot.
-g
Walnut Creek, CA

K Nguyen

I was pleased to come across this post the other day.  I did some research and found the "Autoloader" brand on sale at Sears for $9.88.  Here's the link:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00947370000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

If you have a Sears near you, you can order it online and pick-up at the store to avoid shipping.  But shipping fee is very reasonable otherwise.

This is a great tool for reel tinkerer.  Thank you for the recommendation ReelSpeed.
Why you don't take Asians fishing with you???
Because we will eat your bait.