How Much Did That Lure Cost

Started by Rivverrat, June 04, 2017, 05:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I've Hardly ever been stunned when it comes to the price of quality when it comes to my fishing stuff or what others have paid for theirs. But this lure....So what did you say it cost....& your throwing it where.   

<iframe width="1920" height="1080" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/doddhWpoI54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

swill88

Aiala

I'd rather have a new Avet... or a Phoenix... or a Fathom... or just about anything.  ::)

And all that for a 10-lb fish??  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

MarkT

For $400 I could get another Phenix/Fathom combo. But if it would guarantee a bunch of 10# LMB I might spring for it. My biggest LMB is 6.5# and a few bucket list fish would be nice.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Did you notice he said he buys Izorline because it's cheap.  $400.00 lure and he uses cheap line.  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cor

My lures are made from off cut PVC, some used stainless wire and lead I've had for 20 years.    Without hooks and rings they don't cost more then US 40c each and they catch plenty.    The PVC and the wire comes mostly for free, the latter I get from used electric fencing.  ;D ;D
OH, I forgot, some get a bit of spray paint from an aerosol can!
Cornelis

steelfish

Quote from: Cor on June 05, 2017, 12:50:49 AM
My lures are made from off cut PVC, some used stainless wire and lead I've had for 20 years.    Without hooks and rings they don't cost more then US 40c each and they catch plenty.    The PVC and the wire comes mostly for free, the latter I get from used electric fencing.  ;D ;D
OH, I forgot, some get some a bit of spray paint from an aerosol can!

could you post a pic of those PVD lures?

sunds like a nice project
The Baja Guy

Cor

Sure, first going fishing this morning.
You will be very disappointed, they are made to catch fish and are not pretty to catch anglers.....LOL
Cornelis

Swami805

Some of the bass guys out here are serious as a heart attack and would gladly plunk down $400 if they thought it would give them an edge. A lot of big bass here that primarily eat planted trout. Alan Cole made giant trout plugs by hand and they went for serious money (well not $400) back in the day and a lot of trophys were caught on them. Lake casitas is by me, someone pulled a 20+ LMB out of there several years ago. To each his own I guess
Do what you can with that you have where you are

swill88

The local Delta tackle shop next to me in Oakley gets in Japanese made $200+++ realistic balanced tuned plugs and they fly off the shelf.

Not my cup of tea.

Steve

foakes

I have a problem paying $5 for a Rooster Tail or Panther Marten.

Usually buy them in bulk when needed -- on sale -- and coupons.

That is just me I guess...

A tool for everything...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cor

These plugs we use for mainly Yellowtail, but any game fish will take them.   You need to wind them fast so they skip over the water making much splashing and commotion on the surface.  These have been used that's why they are a bit bashed and paint does not hold on the PVC.
Cornelis

sdlehr

When you first said PVC, I was thinking PVC pipe, which didn't seem right. Where do you get your PVC blanks? Is this their intended use?

Thanks.
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Rivverrat

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on June 05, 2017, 04:31:06 PM

Always interested in seeing catches with huge plug's!

...................Lou

Yes I agree! ....Jeff

David Hall

I'm speechless, $400.00 for one lure?  Only seriously top tier LMB tournement fisherman would buy these.
That and 75 mph boats.