I dare to dream.....

Started by Rothmar2, June 05, 2017, 04:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothmar2

I would one day love to own one of the original Fin-nor Lever Drag reels, that were produced in the USA, and frequently have a scan on the big auction site and dream.
But this one, although Waaaaay out of reach for me, really caught my eye.....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-FIN-NOR-10-0-big-game-fishing-reel-Legacy-period-1945-47-2-speed-/132207742392?hash=item1ec8320db8:g:-VEAAOSw9N1VzQC0

Is there someone here that could verify the description of this reel with regard to its age? Seems to be a very "modern" design for a 1945-47 made reel. Was Fin-nor really that far ahead at that time? I know the Kovalovsky bros. were producing reels of this calibre at that time, but I had no idea Fin-nor was up there too. Thoughts or ORCA links anyone?

Either way, if this is legit, it is quite a piece.

Shark Hunter

It should be the piece.
For 6 G's, That is more than any reel I've purchased to date.
Life is Good!

54bullseye

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 05, 2017, 06:59:15 AM
It should be the piece.
For 6 G's, That is more than any reel I've purchased to date.
I believe it is from that date and that is the Time Fred Gritien sold Fin-Nor and they were known as Fin-Nor Machine Industries reels. This one has been listed for a year or more on ebay and the guy keeps dropping price "not quite there yet" !!!   I have a 12/0 Machine Industries mounted in an early Nep-Tuna cradle with a 130 size rod.  I think the Ebay reel is as described but still over priced. Fred Gritien bought Fin-Nor back because he wasn't happy with the quality of the reels from those years.    John Taylor

Rothmar2

Beautiful piece John, with the Neptuna.
I also looked up the link Mike C. posted on your ORCA thread to Brian Purrone's page. Another fantastic collection. Could easily spend days looking at those beautiful old reels.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

I'll give that set-up a double Wow.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.