Small Kine Blood in da box

Started by Tightlines667, June 12, 2017, 01:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Went out for another day of dragging baits today.  We left the dock @0300hrs, and arrived at the HH at 0515hrs with baits in the water.  Worked 3 or different bird piles, looked like Otaru and Aku (Skipjack Tuna) with no takers.  I ran the 1000fa to the BO area, and we picked up a Hebi (Shortbill Spearfish) on the long rigger.  Hooked into a small Blue on the short corner closer to Barber's on the 500 fa.  He made several nice runs and spent alot of time out of the water.  We got the lines cleared, and deck cleaned up before starting to back down on the fish and putting some line back on the reel.  Unfortunately, he threw the hook less then 100 yards out.  We threw the 9"jets out and ran the 40fa ledge back to the harbor with no more knockdowns.  Back at the dock by 1130hrs.  All-in-all a fun day on the water and had some small kine action.   Gotta put my time in to get dem Ahi (Yellowfin Tuna).  Maybe next time.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

Nice work John! Get us some more pics of the boat in action . Class rig all the way.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Nice, I've eaten spearfish, it's delicious!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Shark Hunter

Very Nice John.
I'm Envious.
Your time will come. ;)
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Thanks John, for the report & pics, nice to know your geting on the walter. cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

coastal_dan

Nice!  Enjoyed the pictures and breakdown.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Newell Nut

Looking good John. You just need more time on the water and patience. It will all come together for you in due time.

Alto Mare

Very nice John, keep those pics coming.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

My neighbor landed 2 nice Yellowfin Tuna yesterday,  110lbs, and 250lbs.  Good to see there are some around right now.

Also, alot of nice fish caught last weekend in the Hana pa'a shootout tournament...

Here's a link to the pics...

http://www.hanapaa.net/Hana-Paa-Shootout-2017/
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bill B

Cool beans John......I have a feeling there are some more awesome fish about to come over the rail.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!