Near perfect day!

Started by STRIPER LOU, June 14, 2017, 09:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

On the water today was near perfect. The only thing that would have made it better if someone had washed my boat and drove me home!

Got to the rip at 4:15. Fairly warm out and the water temp was finally where it needed to be at 61/62 deg. Outgoing tide was just about right and the early morning stayed overcast with a few intermittent showers. We don't usually get them here but the no seeum's were out in full force and they were chewing on me like I was a pork chop. Up on the Cape they are relentless!

First pass with the old reliable Slope Head Swimmer, hardly went 100 yds or so and got smacked. Good fish and stripped out around 100 ft on the initial run. Fish stayed deep and I knew it was decent sized. 15 minutes later she was in the net.

Pretty fat fish and strong fighter but had some skin lesions about 3/4 of the way down its side. Matter of fact it was on both sides in the same area which may have been caused by a net. This was the only fish that didn't revive. Had a fairly fresh bunker in her gullet but was willing to eat my plug anyways!

By 7:00 am several more made it to the boat and released, then the tide went slack tide. Sea's were very calm, too early to quit so I took a ride over to the New York side. Boated a few more there and even caught one on a homemade surface plug.

Back to the dock by 9:30 and headed home shortly there after. Forgot the camera so the picture quality from the cell is not great. We have been catching bass for a while now but this is the first charge of big fish that we've seen here in Ct. The river is loaded with mini stripers in the 6 to 8" size. I'm almost positive these are fish that had been spawned in the river!

Always good to see things like this as it tells us what's to come. Might make it out again on Friday.
......................Lou

Benni3

Now that's cool,,,nice fish ;D

David Hall

Nice fish, I worked all day.

Shark Hunter

Great Catch Lou.
I put in 12 hours at the sweat box too Dave.
It is in the 90's here this week.
Such is life.
Glad Lou caught some fish just the same. ;)
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Only 86 degrees for me in the sun. Finally cried uncle about 3:30.

I only have one call tomorrow so far, so maybe I won't get fried.

Lou, do you guys have sea lions?  That looks like he just got away.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

conchydong

Nice. A Striped Bass is on my wish list/check list. One of these days.

Scott