HT-100s

Started by Harry, May 19, 2011, 04:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Hi all , just wonder if HT-100s ever need replacing and how would you know if they do in my senators?

Also how often should you re-apply drag grease on them?  i use shimano drag grease  and not cals  cozz
thats all i have here in OZZ at the moment.

cheers Harry

wallacewt

hi harry. in oz you can buy inox mx6 grease.$aud8.00.good as the rest of them.auto one sells it.gd luck

Bryan Young

If you HT-100s are greased, you may never need replacing.  Just wipe, put additonal shimano drag grease, and wipe.  Repeat to clean off the surface so it looks like new then install and go fishing.

You should re-grease the drag every service (at least once a year).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Taily

Quote from: Harry on May 19, 2011, 04:41:00 AM
Hi all , just wonder if HT-100s ever need replacing and how would you know if they do in my senators?

Also how often should you re-apply drag grease on them?  i use shimano drag grease  and not cals  cozz
thats all i have here in OZZ at the moment.

cheers Harry

G'day Harry. Not sure whereabouts you might be but Cal's is easy enough to get here. If you're around FNQ get hold of Jack Erskine in Cairns. He is somewhat of a guru for all things Penn and an absolute gentleman to boot....http://www.jackerskine.com/cals_universal.html . SE side of the country would recommend Motackle at Coffs as they do a massive mail order business and are more than just compeditive with their prices.... http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=5345 . SW side of our continent would see you order Cal's through Bluewater http://www.bluewater.net.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_209_394&products_id=398 . I am pretty sure all of the Cal's sold here in Oz are distributed from Jack Erskine anyway.

I am not affiliated with any of those retailers however will say that I have bought Cal's drag grease and Carbontx washers through both Jack Erskine and Motackle and have had very efficient service with them both.

Regards,

Dave
Nunc est bibendum....

Taily

In regards to your question about HT100 drag material like any friction material eventually it will wear out one day - or just crumble under the extreme drag pressures our Australian fish place on our drag systems.... ;D ;) but in the intervening 75 years you'll probably transfer those drag washers to your next reel and the reel after that. Nah, seriously they wear well but do tend to get solidified grease in the weave if you don't occasionally remove and clean them (thoroughly!) in a solvent such as carby cleaner or the like and re-install them using the proper drag grease of your choice at least once every twelve months (for very light use) or about every second trip if you're a 113H freak like me.

Regards,

Dave
Nunc est bibendum....

Harry

Thanks guys , once a year or so depending how often i fish sounds  great ;D .... dont really fish enough thses days :(,    wish i knew  all this 25 years ago ayyy! ;)   by the way im in Adelaide , and only fish landbased .

cheers Harry

Alto Mare

Age is only a number Harry. Now get out there and enjoy those reels that you've been working on. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.